cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I referred a friend and didn't get the extra space. Any ideas?

I referred a friend and didn't get the extra space. Any ideas?

cheyne
New member | Level 2

Hi, I referred a friend and did not get any extra storage. How can I contact dropbox support. The robot chat doesn't work.

24 Replies 24

Rich
Super User II

@cheyne wrote:

Hi, I referred a friend and did not get any extra storage.

You can check the status of the referral on your Plan page. Remember that your friend needs to install Dropbox on a unique computer. Mobile devices do not count for referrals.

cheyne
New member | Level 2

I already check that, but it doesn't show. I emailed them a link and they click the link and signed up but neither of us received any credit.

Rich
Super User II

@cheyne wrote:

I emailed them a link and they click the link and signed up but neither of us received any credit.

Signing up isn't enough. Your firend needs to install the Dropbox client on a unique computer, sign in, and confirm their email address. If all of the steps are not completed, the bonus space is not awarded.

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/space-storage/earn-space-referring-friends

Jeamiell
Explorer | Level 4

Same problem here.  

Thank you !!

Muslih rasooli
New member | Level 2
I have 3 gmail when I invite my second gmail for dropbox, dropbox give me 500 mb extra storage and when I invite my third gmail and i install dropbox desktop app and sign in Dropbox didnt gave to me any extra storage
Please help me

Rich
Super User II

@Muslih rasooli wrote:
I have 3 gmail when I invite my second gmail for dropbox, dropbox give me 500 mb extra storage and when I invite my third gmail and i install dropbox desktop app and sign in Dropbox didnt gave to me any extra storage

You shoudn't have received the first 500MB bonus. The referral system is for inviting other people to Dropbox; not your own accounts. You're taking advantage of the system to earn free space. If Dropbox realizes this, they can not only mark your referral as ineligible, but they can remove ALL your referral space as a result.

mopa
New member | Level 2

Hi!

I have already sent an invitation to install a Dropbox to my friends and they did it but I can't get more space (for 4 of them).

What's is the problem?

Rich
Super User II

@mopa wrote:

I have already sent an invitation to install a Dropbox to my friends and they did it but I can't get more space (for 4 of them). What's is the problem?

You can view the status of your referrals on your Plan page.

robar93
New member | Level 2

I sent a friend an invitation to use Dropbox in 2018, but he only got around to signing up today. He couldn't find the original invitation email anymore and just signed up using his email address associated with the invitation. 

However, it looks like the referral is not recognized since he did not use the referral link from the invitation email. In my account the referral still shows as "invitation sent" and "EMAIL is already using Dropbox, sorry", when I click for details. 

I think this is highly misleading, since the text of the "invitation sent" message before he signed up only indicated to make sure that the recipient signs up with the correct email address (and not that clicking the link is a requirement). 

Could someone from the Dropbox support team weigh in and possibly open a ticket to remedy this? 

Thanks in advance! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Hagay1206 New member | Level 2
    JackBes21 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?