cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

leopal
New member | Level 2

Yes of course, the dropbox account I am trying to restore is with [email removed as per Community Guidelines] (the university restored this e-mail address for one week only) and please add also this e-mail address removed Thanks.

leopal
New member | Level 2

I have also sent e-mails to support@dropbox.com with no reply.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @leopal, I just sent an email to your Community-linked email address. 

This is the only place I can reach out to you. Feel free to reply back to me from said email address, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II

@leopal wrote:

I have also sent e-mails to support@dropbox.com with no reply.

For clarity there is no such inbound email support with Dropbox.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

TIM70
New member | Level 2

Hello All,

I have a Dropbox account but I used my work email as the contact. I have since been made redundant from that job and no longer have access to the email, so trying to log in, and it asks for a security code, which of course is sent to that email.

any suggestions.

Cheers Tim

Rich
Super User II

@TIM70 wrote:

I have a Dropbox account ... and no longer have access to the email, so trying to log in, and it asks for a security code, which of course is sent to that email.

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox address, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

If you're unable to gain access to the account, Support will at least be able to cancel any future payments if the account is on a paid subscription.

MagdalenaKol
New member | Level 2

Hello, I need your help desperately! I just lost my computer and trying to get back my data. I have a login to Dropbox, which is an email address. I no longer have access to that email account because the domain no longer exists. The verification code is sent to that address, but I don't have access to it. What should I do? I'm almost going gray...

Mark
Super User II

It is very unlikley you will be able to access the account without access to either a device (mobile possibly?) with Dropbox installed already OR the email. 

https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

You will need to log a ticket with Dropbox while not logged in - even to here so try an incognito browser and use the option to get account support from www.dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ronga
New member | Level 2

My dropbox account is linked to my Microsoft hotmail account, which was recently compromised. Consequently my hotmail account was locked with no way for me to recover it. I have tried answering the Dropbox security questions (with the answers I remember) to bypass the 6-digit code, but have not been able to log in either.

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email it is unlikely you'll be able to do so I'm afraid - unless you have a device already logged in. 

You need to go to www.dropbox.com/support while not logged in - even to here and ask for help. Try using an incognito window to make it easier.

https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    ronga New member | Level 2
    MagdalenaKol New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?