cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Benf
New member | Level 2

TOO bad. However, I have an old computer with WIN 7 that has a dropbox APP logged in, all files I saved in Public folder dated at 2018. Does Dropbox sync automatically when I open the APP? Thank you.

Benf
New member | Level 2

TOO bad. However, I have an old computer with WIN7 that has Dropbox logged in, all files I saved to Public folder dated to 2018 now. Does dropbox sync automatically? I can't imagine that I haven't store any files after 2018.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Benf - thanks for joining the discussion here.

The Dropbox desktop app syncs the files within your Dropbox folder as long as it's running normally on your computer(s). 

Let us know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Benf
New member | Level 2

I don't know whether  the Dropbox desktop APP run normally on my old Sony Vaio computer. I haven't turn on it for years. if its OK, then that means I haven't saved any files after 2018? By the way, I can't find log off option on the old computer.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

You can check any file activity on your account to make sure about this in your events page.

As for logging out from your old computer, you can follow these steps or if you don't have access to it remove it directly from your Security page

I hope this helps @Benf 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Benf
New member | Level 2

NO. I think I lost files after 2018 as DB only sync across three devices on my basic plan.

kgh428
New member | Level 2
  • I created a dropbox account years ago using my work email.  I have now retired and no longer have access to my work email. When I try to log in it send a 6 digit security code to that old email so I can't log in. It gave me how to add an account or link an account but to do that, I still need to get the code they send to that expired work email. 

Mark
Super User II

How long ago did you last log in? If it was over 12 months ago the data has been wiped.

It is unlikely you can get access to the account, however, have a look at this article. Your best bet is to ask your work if they will reactivate the email.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

terrychu
New member | Level 2

similar issue here: email account was disabled so I couldn't receive the 6-digit code.  I have the correct account name and password, plz help me login.

gp121
New member | Level 2

Hi All,

I am a free account user of Dropbox. Recently, I tried to login to my Dropbox account after 2-3 years and it sent me a code to login to my email address (may be because I have 2FA authentication enabled). Unfortunately, I have no access to that email address and that email address was also not accepting any email. Since, I cannot login to my Dropbox account, I cannot change the email address. I remember the password. I tried option to login and Dropbox showed me a form to fill up. But I could not answer most of the questions as I am logging after so many years. It asked me questions like what item I last uploaded or with whom I last shared any folder. Hence, that form was no help for me.

How can I log in and change my email address?

Please help.

Thanks

GP..

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    ronga New member | Level 2
    MagdalenaKol New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?