cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Tagri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I usually create a special account for Dropbox, that is, the account and password, and so I was able to log in to my accounts, but three months ago last August, when I entered the account and password, a window appears for me in which it says that a security code has been sent to the account from which I want to log in, but since the accounts the ones I created are for Dropbox, meaning they are not regular emails, so I cannot get the security code. I have been using the Dropbox application for a long time and things were fine. It was not previously asked to enter the security code until November last year, but after a month an update was sent and the problem was solved, but this year also, since last August, it has been asking me for the security code as well, and I cannot access all my accounts until now. Please solve this problem by sending an update to stop requesting the security code for at least a week so that I can recover my files. Thanks

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Tagri, I can see on the support ticket that agent has responded to you. 

Please could you reply to them via the email in order to investigate this in more detail?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

abueljebain
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I can not access my dropbox account.

Dar5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I had created an account in Dropbox two years ago i lost my gmail account unfortunately now recently i tried to access my dropbox account for some photos i remember the password and email but it asks me for 6 digit code sent to an email which i bo longer have access to

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@abueljebain wrote:

I can not access my dropbox account.

You need to provide more details of the issue before anyone will know how to assist you.

Do you remember the email and password you used for your account? Do you have access to that email? Are you getting an error when you try to sign in? etc.

Please describe, in detail, the problem that you're having.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Dar5 wrote:
 tried to access my dropbox account for some photos i remember the password and email but it asks me for 6 digit code sent to an email which i bo longer have access to

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account, it's unlikely that you can gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

abueljebain
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I still can not access my dropbox. The email I used is no longer active. What can I do?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @abueljebain, welcome to our Community!

If I understand your situation here, it sounds like you no longer have access to the email address linked to your Dropbox account, therefore you no longer receive the 6-digit security code, right? 

If this isn't the case, feel free to let me know. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

abueljebain
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Correct. No email. No code. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @abueljebain, I just sent you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this.

Reply back to me, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    ronga New member | Level 2
    MagdalenaKol New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?