cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Jessicalee11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you 🙂

Jessicalee11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Does anybody know how long it is until somebody emails you usually? I know I’m coming across incredibly inpatient, I’ve just been sitting here for hours trying to figure out what I can do to no avail. It’s after 3:00am and I haven’t been able to sleep as I’ve read every post here and the consensus seems to be that I will not get my photos and videos back. I have mobile numbers listed on my account, know my old password up until 4 hours ago (at this point I’m wondering how my new Dropbox password did not work. I feel like there was only one box and didn’t ask to confirm it, which is why I think it was a typo. Is there a certain number of password login attempts before it shuts you out? I will sit here and put in every typo combination I can possibly think of I if it won’t lock me out. I probably sound ridiculous (and extremely irresponsible for not having another backup), but these files are absolutely everything to me and I thought I was storing them in the safest place. My email was set up through outlook and because I’ve tried to log in to many times it has blocked me out (I’m trying to get access back but it’s just an automated form that keeps saying I don’t have enough information, despite providing all the information I can). There’s nobody I can speak to there either. There’s nobody I can speak to here and I’m just feeling so overwhelmed. Is there any chance of accessing it with my mobile number verification and emergency codes? Is it worth purchasing a business plan to have the option to talk to somebody on the phone? Would that actually make a difference, or would it still just be - no email, no access?
Is there anybody that deals with the technical side of things, I can prove in so many other ways that this is my account with my files. I think I’m in shock. I’ve been telling everyone how great it’s been using Dropbox, and have genuinely been so impressed with how it works - but this is heart breaking.

dkassandra69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have my Dropbox account I still have the password but it sends a code to an email that was hacked does anyone know how else I can get in?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @dkassandra69, sorry to see that you're having this issue.

Do you perhaps have any devices linked to that account? Because the one-time code will show up as a notification on those too.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jessicalee11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I posted a few hours ago, and then replied a few times since. I really need to talk to somebody about what my options are as I’m terrified I’ve lost everything. I have anxiety anyway and so the idea that I’ve lost all the photos and videos of my kids is unbearable to me. Can somebody please help me with this, I’m really struggling.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jessicalee11, I understand how you must be feeling, but we'll try our best to assist you.

I just emailed you, so we'll continue there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jessicalee11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you Hannah, I have just replied!

Malnora
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I can totally relate....I contacted support@dropbox.com. I no longer had access to my old email. They had me verify some info...I sent a picture I had that was in the dropbox account I lost access to. They were able to have me set up a new email and attach it to that. If that had failed, I was prepared to contact a lawyer or something. Hopefully that first route works for you!

Jessicalee11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I’m still in a state of panic, as they are saying they can’t help me if I can’t access my email account, which despite trying I can’t. I can’t just lose all these photos and videos, so I’m trying to work out what my next step is. Everyone has been really lovely, but is does anyone know what the next step is if you disagree with the outcome?

sweetybhardwaj
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
No any way to sign in only email can access sooooo please pay attention to login gmail account first
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    ronga New member | Level 2
    MagdalenaKol New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?