cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to contact Dropbox to change billing CC

Trying to contact Dropbox to change billing CC

mpace01
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Can someone please tell me how to contact anyone from DROPBOX.  I have followed every tool possible and am getting nowhere.  They have just charged my personal credit card for a business account and just need to get a refund on one CC and give then the right one.  A suggestion for the DropBox team is to email your clients ahead of billing them.  Thank you.

51 Replies 51

isd
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

thanks

but I have sending them message for the last 3 weeks ... customer care is outstanding as I still don't have a proper answer.

Regards

I paid
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Oh, ok, yeah . I think his name was Jimmy from the report a bug emails mentioned that I may have paid for an account that was not mine? And verified my email I guess. Any idea on how long I have to deal with this system? My bill is coming due again on the 24th. I mean I can’t just keep on paying while this seemingly endless email/reply thing goes on. I will start looking for alternate storage options in the meantime and/or could possibly request a refund as this is very irritating. I have had/paid for this account for years, why is this happening NOW? How are you going to investigate, WHAT are you going to do?

Stop charging my account
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
No you keep charging me after repeated requests and downgrading of my account. This feels like a big rip right now!!

mountsupport
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

It was requested that the card be removed back in 2020 and 2021 and we were still charged in 2021 and 2022.  We want our card removed and a refund.

pkzwwnoka
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I tried to reactivate my dropbox account on Saturday, but I was charged for both Dropbox & Esign.. I do NOT want the latter. 

Please help as I'm being charged $299.88, on my Discover card ending in 4978.

I only want my original Dropbox storage. I've tried calling you help number but it too is not user friendly.

Frustrated.

Patti Zavorka 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Stop charging my account  and @mountsupport

In case you have any ticket numbers from contacting our support, please send them to me so that I can check what happened. 

Also, @pkzwwnoka, welcome to our Community. 

In general, phone support is only available to paid Business customers. 

However, you can always open a ticket via our Support page, and send me your ticket number, so that I can assign your case to an agent. 

Keep me updated!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mountsupport
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

We have tried multiple times to get our card out of your system.  Our card was charged in 2021 and 2022.  We initially made a request, to have our card removed and refunded, back in February 2021.  We were still charge in 2021 and 2022.  We have not yet had our card removed.  There has been no indication that you all have honored that request.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mountsupport, do you have the ticket ID from when you contacted the support team in order to look into this matter further?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

John474
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I sympathise. I keep coming up against a brick wall. I have even tried the Dropbox 'chat' facility which is worse than useless.
I got an email this morning and I want to pay Dropbox ... but they make it VERY hard. I'd even be prepared to post them a cheque if it would save wasting even more time on this.

Here's the message I got from a 'no reply' address.
09:04
Please update your billing info
We tried to renew your Dropbox subscription, but we couldn’t process your payment of £95.88. Could you update your billing info?
​​If your payment isn’t received by May 28, 2022, your account will be downgraded to Dropbox Basic, which will stop syncing if you have more than 2 GB of files.
Update your billing info now to continue storing, syncing, and sharing without worry.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @John474, I hope you're doing well! 

If this is the message that you got, then I'd also suggest checking with your payment vendor for more info. 

Since we couldn't process the payment, that means there's an obstacle that's preventing us from doing so. Have you tried to contact them? 

Let me know more. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    lieslgambold New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?