cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for subscription we never subscribed to

Charged for subscription we never subscribed to

Steadicam 1
Explorer | Level 4

Subscription has been taken from our account which we never subscribed too.As we are basic we cant cancel the account.Did Dropbox sort your cancellation out?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@Steadicam 1 wrote:

Subscription has been taken from our account which we never subscribed too.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@Steadicam 1 wrote:

Subscription has been taken from our account which we never subscribed too.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Steadicam 1
Explorer | Level 4
My wife purchased a Dropbox account in 2019 and had 2 payments taken then she cancelled.
There are two payments recorded in Billing.
They have been taking yearly payments since, the last taken this April 24.
She cancelled last year but still hasn’t happened.
Have let our bank know to get help.
You cannot get in touch with Dropbox no email!!

Rich
Super User II

@Steadicam 1 wrote:
They have been taking yearly payments since, the last taken this April 24.

Are you sure there isn't a second account? Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being billed for.

You cannot get in touch with Dropbox no email!!

In my original reply I described exactly how you can contact Dropbox for billing related issues. Follow those steps and you'll be able to open a ticket with Support.

Steadicam 1
Explorer | Level 4
Great thank you for the advice.
My wife will try this.
My wife reached out to Dropbox a week ago but no reply, can’t believe a big company operates in this way!!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Steadicam 1 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?