cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

Adobe not downloading online only files from projects

TBirds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi All,

after updating to MacOS 12.3 I have not been able to open project files (Premiere/After Effects) without errors of not finding files that are in dropbox as 'online only'. Prior to the Mac update all files would auto download to be on my machine locally. I know there's an issue with full support for OS 12.3... any updates or solutions folks have found?

thanks 

102 Replies 102

Planet Nutshell
Helpful | Level 7

It takes me to this page, which I've already reviewed. The point is that, as I mentioned, File Provider is available in the admin console, and I have toggled it on, but only one team member has actually received the notification and been able to upgrade. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for clarifying that for me @Planet Nutshell 

At this point, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support team directly for further assistance with account and device specific information.

Let us know if you have anything else to ask in the meantime. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Planet Nutshell
Helpful | Level 7

Here is an important detail that Dropbox has not made clear: Your local hard drive must have fewer than 300K dropbox files in it for the File Provider update to appear as an option in the Dropbox Mac OS tool bar app. This 300K threshold INCLUDES online-only aliases. I had to go to the selective sync settings in the prefs to completely un-sync from all folders. Once this was done, the update appeared. After the update, which went smoothly, I then re-synced all folders. All is well now. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Planet Nutshell Helpful | Level 7
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?