cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logged into my account and all my files are missing

Logged into my account and all my files are missing

Lazman1140
New member | Level 2

I've had a drop box subscription for a few years and at renewal, December 1st, 2022, I upgraded to DropBox Plus. Last week I had a blue-screen issue on my Desktop and took it to a repairman. He saved, documents, then (I suppose) cleared the hard drive, and then he reloaded Windows Home 10. When I got my computer back, I noticed I was missing programs - Reaper and Bluebeam. I was annoyed but not too concerned because I had purchase receipts and licenses stored in Dropbox. Then I noticed that Drop Box desktop short-cut was missing. I tried to log-in to DropBox but couldn't remember my password, so the DropBox Chat agent or bot sent me a password reset link. I used that to open DropBox, but all my files are missing. I paid a full year subscription in advance expecting secure cloud storage, but all my stored documents are gone  ... very important documents for which there are no or very limited hard copies. Does anyone know how I can recover my old account? Because it looks like my password reset started a new account.

62 Replies 62

Raquel7
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, please!! ill be waiting your email! thanks a lot!!!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Raquel7, I've sent you an email, please could you reply to it when you get a chance.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Raquel7
Explorer | Level 3

Thaks a lot! i already replied. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Raquel7 Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?