cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel a subscription but can't access old email

I want to cancel a subscription but can't access old email

LetsDesign
Explorer | Level 3

I have a few dropbox accounts, currently signed into one of them. I am unable to sign into my other dropbox account as the email address is from an old employee, I no longer have access to it. I have the password but it is requesting a 6 digit code in which I can not access. How can I do this without having access to the email address? I have an invoice from dropbox showing the Premium monthly charge as proof that it is my account. 

29 Replies 29

Rich
Super User II

@LetsDesign wrote:

I have the password but it is requesting a 6 digit code in which I can not access. How can I do this without having access to the email address?

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

If Support is not able to get you access to the account, they can at least cancel any future charges if there's still an active subscription.

LetsDesign
Explorer | Level 3

That's the issue, my credit card keeps getting charged and I want to cancel it but I can not access the email address. I need help to cancel the account.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LetsDesign, I would suggest reaching out to our support team by following the steps Rich described in his response above.

Once you have your ticket number, send it to us as well, so we can look it up in our system.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LetsDesign
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Hannah, I have contacted support, and I am awaiting a response.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LetsDesign - sorry to jump in here, but if you have a ticket ID, you can share it with us here so that we can look it up in our system as well, if needed. 

Happy Monday by the way! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Revd
Explorer | Level 3

I can't access my old email and don''t remember my old password. I am having no luck with all the Chatbox sugestions. Is there any way of talking to an actual person who could help me sort this out? Thanks!

Rich
Super User II

@Revd wrote:

I can't access my old email and don''t remember my old password.

Are you trying to cancel an active subscription on an account you can no longer access? If so, you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

tscheinblum
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, I have an old subscription from a previous company that I cannot cancel.  2FA is on and I no longer have access to the email address associated with the account.  I just recently got charged another annual subscription fee.  Also it is apparently impossible to contact a human support person except through this forum...??  The bots can't figure out how to help me with this one.  Can we please close this account and cancel the recent annual subscription charge?  Thank you.

Rich
Super User II

@tscheinblum wrote:

I have an old subscription from a previous company that I cannot cancel.  2FA is on and I no longer have access to the email address associated with the account.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    helpmeplease08 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?