cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel and get a refund?

How can I cancel and get a refund?

joyanisa74
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please help!  I was charged just shy of $200 on a DropBox acct that I did not know was there.  Please help me cancel and get the refund

497 Replies 497

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

PollyD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had to sign up to Dropbox for work. I no longer use the account. 

Today I was billed for over $300 for a Basic Dropbox membership

There is no record of this in my Billings page on my account but I can see the Paypal transaction and it has been debited from my account

I want to be able to cancel for the year ahead and have a refund on this amount

I just wish I could speak to someone

Could anyone help me?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there, @PollyD, how are you today?

Keep in mind, that you might have two separate Dropbox accounts. A Basic account, is our free one, therefore the charge must be coming from a different account. 

Have you tried using our self-serve, look-up tool, in order to locate where the charge came from? Once you do that, you can sign into the account, and directly contact Support from there. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Islandgirl005
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Upon checking my bank account I found two charges from Dropbox on December 20, 2021 and Dec 20, 2022 in the amount of $119.88 each. yet, when I go to dropbox.com to investigate these unauthorized charges (since I rarely use dropbox) I find that, officially on the website, I am listed as a free, basic subscription, so I’m wondering what the heck is going on!?! I need an immediate refund of both charges, since they are completely unauthorized, yet after hours of fruitlessly trying, I can’t contact anyone!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Islandgirl005 , sorry to hear about this.

Can you please try the self served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with the charges and let us know if it helps?

Otherwise, you can use this form to contact our support team for further assistance on billing issues. Just make sure to use an incognito window without signing into any Dropbox account and fill in all the relevant information.

Once you get a ticket ID from our system, you can share it with us here so that we can look it up too. 

Keep us posted anyhow! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Rebeca es
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have purchased by mistake, how do I cancel and request a refund?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Rebeca es wrote:

I have purchased by mistake, how do I cancel and request a refund?

Refunds are only issues where legally required. 

To see if one is possible you need to speak to Dropbox support direct: www.dropbox.com/support

https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

cher0228
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
My bank account shows that the charge for Dropbox was charged by Dropbox. It is more than I expected and want to cancel and receive a refund.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @cher0228, thanks for posting here today! 

Have you by any chance tried to contact our Support team about this? If so, feel free to share your ticket number reference with me, in order to locate it on our system. 

Thanks a bunch!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@cher0228 wrote:
My bank account shows that the charge for Dropbox was charged by Dropbox. It is more than I expected and want to cancel and receive a refund.

Dropbox shows all prices when upgrading so you know what to expect. 

However, as this is an account issue you need to contact support for help. Note that refunds are only given when legally required to do so: https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    JohanVenter Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?