cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox desktop app disconnects randomly during file upload

Dropbox desktop app disconnects randomly during file upload

DamianYap
New member | Level 2

Dropbox desktop app disconnects randomly. I have a work team, and we are all having this problem when we want to upload files, Dropbox disconnects and the upload or download is interrupted. The only way to fix it is to close and reopen the app. But it disconnects again after a while.

2 Replies 2

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @DamianYap, and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Would you mind giving us some more details about what you mean when you say that the app disconnects?

Are you getting some kind of error message or does the app just crash?

Also, are you having this issue with multiple computers, all connected to the same network?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

shastings
Explorer | Level 3

I randomly began having the exact same issue on Thursday afternoon (6/27/2024). It simply crashes/drops off with no error. No internet connectivity issues. At the same time, I began noticing a serious lagtime in thumbnails populating fully in File Explorer. I've run all sorts of scans, checks, etc. I'm trying to hold off on uninstalling/reinstalling DropBox. I've searched everywhere online. Wondering if there is a bug with latest update?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

shastings Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?