cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

soppdk
Explorer | Level 4

i made to connections boxul and boxchuck

my rclone looks like rclone copy "O:" "boxchunk:testfolder"

where O: is my gdrive i can transfer to box with 2giga chuck

but when i want to view them and mount the boxchunk to a mount/driver letter (windows) i cant see all the files. only if i mounts boxul and then all i see its the chucks i cant use ?

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@soppdk 

Use you Chunker without encryptionI'm not sure if that works!

https://forum.rclone.org/t/encrypted-chunker/12720/2

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
You probably won't get an answer on here, it would be best to ask your questions on their official forums;

https://forum.rclone.org/

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@cgi_ltd wrote:
I just received this as well....I think they maybe caught onto rclone ?? Weird how we both get this message on the same day. I did email the people it told me to on the e-mail regarding our usage ( they said we had too much upload traffic and are taking additional throttling actions against our account ). They also stated that another plan would solve our problem, but unknown which might work right now. Our team got to 150TB before the ax came down. Everything is done with tickets, so now it's a waiting game to see what they suggest, as I tried to explain its because we are switching cloud providers..once they data is their, the traffic would stop....
My remote Works since today back to normal.

Can someone confirm that with the 1 1/2 - 2 months for 1 TB by Dropbox? That what the Support wrote to me today. Or is that only for me.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
Your box remote is working for uploads? No more api issues?

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

Yes. Until now no Problems with Upload. No Warnigs no Error's. 👍

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10

Did you e-mail the fairusagepolicy e-mail? I did, but have not received a response yet.

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

Yeah i have become this Mail.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
What does that mean? Lol

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

I have write a Mail for an exception. Doesn't belong here either.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?