cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: old email login issues?

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Paddy123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
@Megan. I said I'd come back here and give an update to everyone else who was having the same problem as me.

A Dropbox employee, named Luke, who works in 'account security' emailed me at my new email address. He went thru a few security questions to verify it was me and that I did own the Dropbox account with the old, no longer in use email.

After he was happy with that he was able to bypass the 6 digit code verification and I was able to get into my locked account.

10/10 for Luke in account security.

So in short;
Get onto account security.
Answer security questions to verify it's you.
After you verified it's your account someone from account security Dept will disable 6 digit code verification.

mairiclaire76
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I have just seen a thread that states if u answer security questions u can bypass 6 digit code as my email is no longer in use . Can I be sent these please?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mairiclaire76, you can get in contact with our support team directly by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to pick an email to which you can receive and send emails from.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

luifefm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can’t log into my Dropbox account because I can’t remember the password and the email associated with that account no longer exists, so I can’t get the code that would allow me to change the password.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@luifefm wrote:

I can’t log into my Dropbox account because I can’t remember the password and the email associated with that account no longer exists ...

tightpurchaser
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I just read something about Notifications, which Windows 10 has in the lower right corner of the screen.  Is it correct that Dropbox sends the security code there when trying to login with a deleted email address?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tightpurchaser, it's true that the one-time security code will also come in as a notification to any devices you might have connected to the account in question.

You can see more info about this in Samantha's reply here.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

sweetybhardwaj
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I have a account on Dropbox but I cannot sign in my Dropbox account because it sent a code on my gmail account but my gmail account is disabled
Plz help and sign in my account once

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@sweetybhardwaj, do you have any other devices that are linked to your Dropbox account (via the mobile/desktop app)? 

If yes, please check their notifications and let me know if you can see the one-time code there.

If not, can you access the email address showing here, so that we can log a ticket for you?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

sweetybhardwaj
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Dear
No any other device Linked to my Dropbox account
I opened my Dropbox account only on my same device but now when I trying to sign in my account it send a verification code to gmail but
My gmail account can not access it's can not recover please help
I have very important data in my Dropbox account
Need more support?