cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Dropbox Dash: The AI-powered universal search tool

Introducing Dropbox Dash: The AI-powered universal search tool

Amy
Community Manager
Back in the early 2000’s when we still had computer classes and CD-ROMs, it was really easy to find your files, because you maybe had tens, or maybe even hundreds of files and they were pretty small (size wise, not in terms of impact). Now, however, it seems we can’t exist without creating hundreds of files a week, which is great for recording our most important creations, it does make navigating our files a bit of a nightmare, especially when it comes to work. Now we have windows upon windows, tabs upon tabs, saved files, untitled files. 

With scattered files and folders, search can be a scattered affair too. So, we set out to build a tool that can help you spend less time searching and organizing all your content, and more time efficiently doing your best work. And we think you’re going to like it, because we do. 

From folders to files, docs to decks, notes to names, Dash knows what you’re looking for better than you do. Because it’s not just AI-powered search, it’s a way to spend less time sorting through tasks and more time on what matters to you. You can keep reading for more details, some customer testimonials and more, but you can also check out this video with none other than our CEO, Drew.

Introducing Dropbox Dash: The AI-powered universal search tool for work

Dropbox Dash is AI-powered universal search that connects all of your tools, content, and apps in a single search bar. Working with the tools you actually already work with, like Google Workspace, Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce, and more, you can find everything in one place, fast. Overall, you can make search a one step process again. 

And if universal search isn’t enough, Dash can do more than that too. And it will continue to grow but for now you can look forward to: 
  • Start Page: A single dashboard that lets you access Dash universal search, view Stacks, get shortcuts to recent work, and start meetings, making it easier to navigate your day and get back to your most important work.
  • Stacks: Smart collections for your links that offer a quick way to save, organize, and retrieve URLs. In the same way files have folders and songs have playlists, Stacks provide an easily shareable, organizational layer for your cloud content. 

You don’t have to take my word for it, Craig Smith from the University of New Hampshire put it well when he said:
I can see stacks being very useful especially if I don't have to curate stacks. I want something to just learn my flows and present ways of executing those flows faster.”

And of course, we want to make sure that these things actually work for you, the people who use Dropbox. Why not sign up for the Dropbox Dash beta and get stuck in and tell us all about what you think! 
0 Replies 0
Need more support?