cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received an email about my team being in locked state on a paid up to date account

I received an email about my team being in locked state on a paid up to date account

circa
Explorer | Level 3

We have received the below email, stating that our team is in a Locked State. We have a paid account, this is paid by direct debit, payments are current and up-to-date. 

The Dropbox site Chat is of no help at all and I can't get a contact number to speak to a human being to assist, any ideas on what is going on here and how to fix it?

Thanks

Hi 

The      team is still in locked state, which means team admins can still choose to keep Dropbox and renew the team plan, disband the team, or delete the team at any time before September 4, 2024.

What does this mean for me?

We highly recommend downloading files you want to keep. 

You can also leave the team on your own. This means your member account would convert to a free, Basic account, and your files would move over with you.

If       remains in locked state after September 4, 2024, the entire team will be permanently deleted. This includes your member account and files. 

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @circa, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If a team is in locked state, this means that the team trial expired or the plan itself was cancelled. 

You can choose how to proceed by following these steps to renew your subscription.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

circa
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 
We do still have a plan, the latest payment (paid regularly by direct debit) went out only a few days ago. So why would we get this message is we have a Plan that is paid up to date?

Thanks,

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you confirm the plan that you're seeing on this page, as well at the quota allowance?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @circa,

Would you mind if we reached out via email to collect a bit more information about the transaction? Thanks!

Ben

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenDBX Community Manager
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    circa Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?