cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My images don't load on mobile

My images don't load on mobile

CoveUS
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

My images don't load on mobile when I visit my website that uses dropbox direct photo links. The desktop site works fine.

114 Replies 114

kainwaffle
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've been in discussions with Dropbox Reps and unfortunately the truth is ugly - They are NOT interested in resolving this issue whatsoever. Twice I've been told that "They don't offer support for 3rd party apps" which apparently applies to ENTIRE operating systems. They're blaming Apple for this issue, which may be legitimate mind you, but are happy to patiently wait for us to do their job for them by taking our complaints to Apple directly and leaving them out of it.

Do that if you wish, or switch services - either way it seems like Dropbox will not be of any help to us in this issue.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@hardreturn wrote:

Wondering what to do in order to link to files properly? 

Hi @hardreturn,

You have done everything as should be and everything seems just fine. 😉 Is there some issue with the embedding? 🧐 About link change disturbing you, yes, that's normal. Dropbox perform multiple redirects to let viewer access to the actual file. When link is embedded theses redirects remain hidden, like the variant ending in "?dl=0" (the redirections are performed internally). The same should be when you embed the raw link somewhere. Isn't so? Of course, when you put the raw link on browser address line, all redirections get visible; you can see only the final result actually. That's it. You don't need to do anything more, but embed the link ending in "?raw=1".

Hope this clarify matter.

Rudi B Rasmussen
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks jcp543 and kainwaffle,

I choose Dropbox solely for the raw=1 image link functionality. I am a dedicated amateur astronomer and have thousands of astronomy photos that I share this way on numerous (10+) internet pages. It will be an impossible task to re-visit all these sites and re-write URL's to another service. So I feel total abandoned by Dropbox and I am in chock over the total lack of interest from Dropbox to help us. It must be the same feeling victims of hackers have, when bad guys have hijacked data and will not release it.

I do not at all understand Dropbox and that they don't want to help us, it must be a piece of cake for them to fix it.

But I must admit, after a week, my patience is about to end, and I will definitely soon start to look for an alternative storage provider.

So once again Dropbox; PLEASE PLEASE - help your customers !!!

deco10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

What about google drive or One drive? Do anyone have a solution to use this "?raw=1"/rendering formula over there?

deco10
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

the problem is that after 24 hours this:

https://uc2575b7e4bb042df285e847d3ac.dl.dropboxusercontent.com/cd/0/inline/BKTAUjwnvwUaLsSyA2jIPt8fu...

will be something else..Dropbox did some changes without telling us and it seems that they dont care. Perhaps we should use google drive or One drive instead. Im struggling just with the formula for ?raw=1.

hardreturn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

oh ya, less than 24hrs. what the hell.

any idea why that link no longer works @Здравкo ?

nothing changed at all on my end

hardreturn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Appears the issue is on dropbox's side and specific to certain browsers.

See here for a  kludge of a workaround  https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/My-images-don-t-load-on-mobile/m-p/502344/high...

Dropbox can't expect us to change hundreds or thousands of links with this new syntax 

niallj2000
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It doesn't look good really does it. What a terrible way to respond to a problem like this. And not a single reply from any DropBox employee or moderator on this thread since we all added our confirmation of the issues. Speaks volumes really. Looks like I have no choice now but to move to CDN. Thanks DropBox... thanks a lot!

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@hardreturn wrote:

oh ya, less than 24hrs. what the hell.

any idea why that link no longer works @Здравкo ?

nothing changed at all on my end

Hi @hardreturn,

🤔 I should confess, have no idea what you are talking about. The correct raw link in your OP still works! I just opened it and everything is fine. What exactly doesn't work any longer for you? 🧐

About the post you are referring to in your last post, It's the same what I have posted above; just take a look! That's never changed and not something new. It sounds like you have embed already redirected link. Is this exact? If so, normally such a link become invalid some time later. Such a link is a temporary link! Use the actual raw link, not something else, for embedding, as I mentioned before. It still works; check. 🙂 That's it.

Of course, there are ways such a link be invalidated either explicitly by you or somebody with appropriate access or implicitly by some action invalidating pointing content. According the info you provided no one seems actual in the particular case. Everything points to wrong link embedded.

Hope this shed additional light.

@deco10, It's clearly seen, your link is redirected temporary link! Something that I already explained. Why you are trying alternatives??? 🤷 Just use the actual link. 😉

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    evaag New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?