cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera upload not working following update. Nothing happens.

Camera upload not working following update. Nothing happens.

LR0108
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, today Dropbox seems to have updated some new feature. Following that, the camera upload from my iPhone, which previous worked automatically when connected to my laptop, does not upload photos anymore. I have checked all settings, both on the Dropbox on the laptop and the Dropbox on the iPhone. Have quit the apps few times, and nothing. If anyone know how to resolve this I would be grateful!

9 Replies 9

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @LR0108, welcome to our Community! 

Can you clarify the Dropbox version you're using on your laptop, along with the app's syncing status

Have you checked this article, and also tried to toggle off, and then back on the camera uploads feature on the laptop? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LR0108
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Megan,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The version of Dropbox on my Mac laptop is v179.4.4917.

Yes, I did read the article you suggested, and tried to toggle off, etc. but the issue wasn't resolved. Please find few screenshots from my iPhone and laptop attached below.

A couple of days ago, the Dropbox on the laptop asked me to chose a new version of something, I think it was to do with the interface but I do not recall precisely sorry. After that, I wanted to download all the photos on my iPhone (quite many) and connected it with the cable to the laptop. Previously, this would happen automatically, now I get the message attached below. As I would not want having to upload photos manually, as they are more than 20.000,

any advice on how to resolve this issue will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

All best,

Lara

IMG_1136.PNG        IMG_1137.PNG      Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 19.40.25.png   Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 19.46.49.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @LR0108, if you click on the "Why Dropbox can't import" are you re-directed to the article I provided, or a different one? 

While we're trying to resolve this, keep in mind that you can use camera uploads on your mobile in order to upload the content there, and the uploads would then sync to the app on your Mac. 

Now, can you also clarify the app's current syncing status, along with the OS on your iPhone and Mac, please? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

LR0108
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Megan,

When I click on the "Why Dropbox can't import" I am redirected to a different article, this one https://help.dropbox.com/create-upload/camera-uploads-overview.

I tried to use camera uploads from my mobile, but it only uploads the latest pictures, and few randomly selected from previous years. So, the sync between iPhone and MacBook Pro is not working, unfortunately.

Also, I checked the current syncing status, as you asked, and it says "Your files are up to date".

I have more than 20.000 photos and videos I want to upload, and only 330 are actually uploaded.

All the settings seem correctly positioned. Not sure what else to do.

Thanks for your help.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LR0108 - sorry to jump in here, but could you try navigating to the backups tab from the app's preferences and find your mobile device and delete from there? Once this is done, try re-connecting the device once more and let us know how it goes. 

When it comes to your mobile device, could you clarify its exact OS and the version of the Dropbox mobile app installed there as well? 

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

LR0108
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Walter,

Thank you, I checked the link you suggested, but I am not sure what I am meant to try on the app?

The iOS version is 16.6, and I believe I have the latest version of the Dropbox mobile app on my iPhone, though I am not sure where the precise version number can be found.

Thanks.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @LR0108!

What Walter would like you to do, is open the Dropbox application preferences on your computer, and navigate to the backups tab.

You should see your mobile device listed there, so you can click on the x to remove it and then plug the device in to the computer again, to see if that helps with the imports.

As for the version of the mobile app, you can find it by opening the Dropbox mobile app, tapping on "account" and then on the gear icon.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

LR0108
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Hannah, Thank you, clearer now. I tried what you suggested, still I get a message saying Dropbox can't import photos, frustrating...

The version of the mobile app is 340.2.2

Thanks

Calvin2DBX
Dropbox Staff

Hi @LR0108,

Just digging a little more into this with you if you don't mind.

Let's check the phone is actually "seen" by the OS.

On your Mac laptop, are you able to view the photos from the phone through any other apps, such as the Photos app?

You don't need to import them using that, but so long as it can "see" the device, you'd know it's mounted in the OS. Dropbox shouldn't have any trouble finding it if already mounted. You could try restarting the Dropbox app after verifying the device is accessible in the OS.

If it doesn't show in a timely manner in other apps either, check if there's any issue with the cable or ports.

Let me know what you find!

Calvin
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Calvin2DBX Dropbox Staff
    LR0108 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?