cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Upgrade and cannot get Dropbox to work properly

Windows 11 Upgrade and cannot get Dropbox to work properly

ajborson
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I recently upgraded my PC desktop to Windows 11.  Dropbox worked perfectly in Windows 10, and when I upgraded my laptop to 11, it was seamless.   On the desktop, I can access Dropbox through the web, but updated files from my other computers do not show up as updated when I load them into their usual application on the desktop! (for example, I can "see" an updated Excel file in the Dropbox viewer, but when I try to open it up in Excel, I only get an older file.)  I think the Dropbox app is not loaded in Windows 11, but when I attempt to install the download (both the regular and the extended), I get an error message that the files needed cannot be accessed.  Is this the problem?  If so, how do I fix it?  The Microsoft Store only has something called Dropbox for S Mode (I don't have S Mode, as far as I know).  Should I use that?  This is both confusing and frustrating.  Help!

54 Replies 54

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @DaveW26, let's see what we can find on this! 

Can you try changing your password online, then trying to sign into your desktop app? 

Let me know how it goes!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mental420
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Howdy @ajborson, I'd be eager to assist with that!

In this way, the principal thing you need to do is ensure that you see the refreshed form of the documents online on our site.

Is that the situation?

Concerning your Windows gadget, would you be able to check your matching up status and the form that you have introduced there?

In conclusion, since you referenced Dropbox for S Mode, you ought to have the option to utilize that assuming your gadget is running in S mode.

Notwithstanding, remember that it's like our versatile application, since you can't have a nearby Dropbox organizer with your records there.

Update me as often as possible with the outcomes, and we'll take it from that point.

mwaters5
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Wont Reinstall windows 11. It told me that it needed to update. i uninstalled and it wont let me reinstall. I have rebooted, and still nothing I can use it do  I just cancel my account? 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the nudge here, @mwaters5.

Can you please clarify what you mean when you say that it won't let you reinstall the application?

Are you getting some kind of error message?

Can you try to download the installer from this link, to see if that helps?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

mwaters5
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I cleared out the Registry I also followed the detailed instructions and manually cleared out the folders in %PROGRAMFILES(x86)% and the others, I also executed CMD line prompts to remove Drop box from my system, even your tech (Who was rude by the way) could not get it working. The ticket has been elevated awaiting response from someone senior I need it soon as this is crippling the way I work as I have grow to depend on drop box and I don't want to switch to another provider if I don't have to. 

ajborson
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I am re-joining this chain, as the success I had a couple of months ago seems to have failed again.  Is it possible that Dropbox and Windows 11 are not playing well due to a Windows update?  I cannot get either of my computers to show updated Dropbox files, and it is even hard to get the Dropbox app to open.  All of this is new as of the past couple of days.  Help!

ajborson
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

My Dropbox app has completely stopped working.  When I click on it, I see the spinning wheel for a few seconds, but then nothing.  It is not showing up on my task bar either.  Clearly not loaded.  I have access to Dropbox through the web, but then there is no automatic synching, and I have to manually upload any files I want saved... very annoying.

I do not see how to re-install the Dropbox app.  Can someone send me a working link for that?  Also, if that does not work (and I have a bad feeling about this), are there other issues that might explain why everything worked fine at the beginning of this week, and now nothing about the app is working?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @mwaters5 and @ajborson, hope you don’t mind if I jump in here. 

@mwaters5, can you please send me the ticket number from your case, so that I can have a look for you? 

@ajborson, I'm sorry to hear the same issue still persists on your computer. 

Can you please provide a few screenshots of what you see on your end? For example, I’d like you to send me a screenshot of the spinning wheel that you mention, if possible, as well as the exact OS that’s currently running on your device. 

I’d like to gather a few more info, and see what may be happening.

Thanks!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

ajborson
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Hi Nancy,

Here's the OS build:  22000.556

Here's the "experience": Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.556.0

If there's another number you need, let me know.

Here's the screenshot I was able to take of the circle when I try to load the Dropbox app (it happens regardless of how I try to load it)

PXL_20220319_134503828clip.jpg

Thanks, Andy

mwaters5
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

TIcket #16086704

Ive gone in an drun %appdata% and all those commande cleared the registry  used commad Promptps nothing Ive rebooted until im blue in the face nothing

dropbox-error.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    MarkMM New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    grov Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?