cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why are files made available offline on Android sometimes not available?

Why are files made available offline on Android sometimes not available?

Dave81
Explorer | Level 4

I use Dropbox to store all my music files(MS word). I use my Windows 10 PC to create all of the files. All of the files upload fine into Dropbox. I make the folder contents available off line on 2 Android tablets. In previous Dropbox versions I could see if all the files were updated with the file unticked till synced then the green tick when synced. I am never sure now if the full sync is complete (I have around 800 song files). The "green tick" seems to be there BUT I have found that some files, not many, are not available when I get to an event , one tablet may have the file but not the other (I turn wifi off when I leave home as I don't want random pop ups etc). Am I missing something or can anybody point me to a solution. A quick way of confirming sync would be fine. Thanks. Dave   

13 Replies 13

Dave81
Explorer | Level 4

Yes always updated as normal. I always just "copy and paste" the files i want updated. Like I said , this has worked fine for the last 10 years to both my tablets. It would be solved if there was a message to say e.g "700 files synced at 19:25" or "Sync in progress"

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Dave81, do you see the old version of the file in the Dropbox mobile app, or the Office app?

Generally, for Office documents, there is a cached copy in the Office app itself, and that might not get updated with the latest copy from Dropbox, which could be why you're seeing an older version of the file.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Dave81
Explorer | Level 4

Any new file version I make , done on the PC, is manually uploaded to Dropbox so is obviously updated fine. Its on the tablet where I do not know if the file has synced or not as it displays the green tick even when I know that it is not in sync. is it not possible to have some way of informing that all "available off line" files were synced at whatever time ?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Have you tried these steps to keep the files updated on the mobile app?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?