cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to download 2 very large uncompressed .mxf files - connection keeps hanging up at around 7gbs

Trying to download 2 very large uncompressed .mxf files - connection keeps hanging up at around 7gbs

Thomas HAMILTON
Explorer | Level 3

Hi can anyone help me with this problem.

I need to download 2 very large uncompressed .mxf files which my cameraperson uploaded following a shoot (in LA - whereas I'm in London UK)

file 1 is 153GB and file 2 is approx 71 GB.

I've tried a variety of approaches to this problem, including going incognito, using Safari instead of Chrome, etc but none of it makes a difference - each time the download proceeds slowly but steadily to around 7.2gb then get lost.

I have a slow connection which doesn't help matters - but a year or so ago when the same guy sent me similiarly sized files via MASV I was able to download then with no problem - although the connection had to be restarted a few times, thankfully MASV doesn't keeps the download live when any connection issues occur - so I was able to click restart and pick up where I left off.

What is the best option anyone can suggest - I'm on imac Mojave and have sufficient disk space for these files.

Hoping someone can help

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @ Thomas HAMILTON  -  thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

Have you considered using the desktop app to let those files sync down to your computer instead of downloading them via a web browser? 

If that's not an option, could you clear your browser's cache and try to download the files again? 

If you get an error along the way or get stuck at some point, send us a screenshot so that we can have a visual too.

Thanks a bunch, Thomas. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?