cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access a Dropbox account due to not getting any emails

I can't access a Dropbox account due to not getting any emails

lindaduck
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have an account—NOT this one but another. I have an email for that account, but the secondary email for that account was removed. This is a plus account, but I can neither log in nor receive email messages from the current account associated with that account. I have communicated with the email provider, and I have my billing information and two emails showing the accounts. I would like to have the secondary email account reinstated.

As I said, this is a PLUS account.

To date, I have received no joy from either Dropbox support or the email provider. How can I get this resolved.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @lindaduck, I can see the ticket in our system, and I've gone ahead and prioritized it to expedite matters on your behalf.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

What is the Dropbox ticket numbers?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

lindaduck
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I don't want to be stupid here, but if I can not log into the email account associated with the account I am looking for, how would I get a support ticket number?

However, I sent an email to support@dropbox.com and provided all the information, only to be told I would not get support - I received the following email message with this information

Ticket #24273658: secondary login

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Sorry I assumed as you said Dropbox wasnt helping you'd been in contact. 

Dropbox does not have inbound email support. The only support is at www.dropbox.com/support

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

lindaduck
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've been there, done that.  Still no solution from either Dropbox or the email provider. So I am continuing to be billed for information I can no longer access.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

When you log a ticket that way you get an email ticket number. Do you have them (other than the one you emailed in). 

https://help.dropbox.com/billing/find-credit-card-charge will also let you contact support via looking up card info

lindaduck
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @lindaduck, I can see the ticket in our system, and I've gone ahead and prioritized it to expedite matters on your behalf.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    lindaduck New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?