cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email is no longer accessible

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Rich
Super User II

And even if the account isn't deleted, which it likely is at this point, without access to the email address to receive the one-time security code, you likely wouldn't be able to gain access to the account.

Your only option would be to see if Dropbox Support can help you. To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Sunny sajib
New member | Level 2
No linked other devices.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Sunny sajib - thanks for joining the discussion here.

Could you please elaborate on the issue you're facing so that we can assist further? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Galbagang
New member | Level 2

Cannot believe there are 40 pages of similar issues! I just ran into the same issue. We set up DropBox back when our email ended with 'sbcglobal.net'.  We opened a gmail account like the rest of the world and got locked out of the sbc account. No tech support could ever help us back in.  I tried again today with yahoo support and they can't access the email any longer. That was back in the day before 2 step security.  

Dropbox...please, please, please take back the 6 digit security code for the countless people locked out of cherished pictures.  At least grandfather us in. I know I never signed up for 2 step verification. Give people the choice!  The pictures we cannot recover are our daughter in her orphanage.  They are priceless!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Galbagang - sorry to hear about this.

Did you try getting in contact with our support team for further assistance as Rich suggested? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Benf
New member | Level 2

How can I log in to the account whose associated email is no longer accessible? Thank you.

Benf
New member | Level 2

Anybody has any idea? Thank you.

Mark
Super User II

You can log in without the email as long as its not asking for 2FA code. Simply use the username and password as normal. 

If it does you may find you cannot regain access. You will need to follow https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Benf
New member | Level 2

Sorry this wouldn't help. I know my password, but unable to log in because I can't receive two-step verification code due to deactivated email.

Mark
Super User II

@Benf wrote:

Sorry this wouldn't help. I know my password, but unable to log in because I can't receive two-step verification code due to deactivated email.

Then you need to follow the help article and contact support while not logged in - even here. Use www.dropbox.com/support. Note, however, it may not be possible to regain access. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?