cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox log in

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@1115shy, I’ve logged a ticket for you! Please check it, and reply back to me. 

@abueljebain, can you access the email address shown here? This is the only email address we can contact you to from the Community.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

abueljebain
Explorer | Level 3

Yes I can access that dropbox from that email. But it is not my original dropbox. The one I want to access had 9 GB of my old stuff. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

We just need a way to contact you, @abueljebain and we'll try to figure out the rest, when we do.

I sent you an email, so make sure to reply back to me, when you have a chance.

Thanks!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Andrej5
New member | Level 2

Any idea ?

have dropbox app on mobile and just discovered its linked to email adress of my former employer.

mail adress does not exist anymore - i.e. I could log on in the app, while still knowing the password, but doing on the pc, dropbox send a verification code to that no longer available mail adress.

Inside the app there is no obvous way to change the mail adress

What to do ?

Andrej

melville_thomas
Explorer | Level 3

Hi - my dropbox is linked to an old hotmail email, so Im not receivin g the 6-digit verificattio.  I would like to change to another email, but I must've created a dropbox in that name already.  So I cant just rename it.

Is there an easy why to get around this?

Mark
Super User II

https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access is what you need to look at

If you already have an account with a diff email just log on and start using it ( www.dropbox.com/forgot if you are unsure of password). If you can still get on the hotmail account download it all and reupload to the 'right' account. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II

If you have access then you need to download everything and set up a new account. Thats the quickest and easiest way of doing so.

https://help.dropbox.com/account-access/lost-email-access

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MMoodley
New member | Level 2
Hi. The admin team member of drop box has passed away. I am trying to log in however it asks me for a verification code. I dont have access to his email account. Is there another way to access it?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MMoodley, really sorry to hear about this.

Do you perhaps have access to any devices they might have had linked to their account? The 6-digit code should be sent to those as well.

If not, try submitting a help request to our support team directly through this page, while not logged in to your Dropbox account (you can try from a private browsing window).

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

bkbremmer
New member | Level 2

Is there any way to access accounts that were created under an email address that's no longer valid?  That is, is there another way to get the code that dropbox sends to the invalid account?  And if not, why not?

Need more support?