cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Please help

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @sweetybhardwaj, could you try these steps to contact our support team?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sweetybhardwaj
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Mam I don't have more knowledge please activate access my account [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

sweetybhardwaj
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
My gmail account is blocked and verification code you sent to my gmail account plz sign in my Dropbox without verification code

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

We can't remotely activate any accounts. In order for us to assist, you'd need to contact the team from another email address using the steps I posted previously.

You can find instructions for opening Incognito Mode or Private Browsing mode here:

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Jessicalee11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I’ve read all the guidelines and I don’t think there’s much that can be done at this point but I can’t give up. I’m hoping there is some miracle that can help get me back in to my account. Basically I got a new phone today as my old one had been glitching (especially with my email account) so I got a bit anxious got a new phone and just did a wipe of my old one. I wasn’t worried about losing anything other than all my photos and videos which I had backed up to Dropbox and was planning to just re download all of them to have them in a second place. Anyway, I logged in to drop box on my new phone browser and changed my password (I was anxious about why my email was not working properly, but thought I still had access to it at this point). I set up 2FA and was going to change my email address as well but accidentally closed the browser. I went to log back in and it was saying password incorrect. The only thing I can think of is that I have mistyped a letter in the new password. So I went to log in to my old email through the browser and also can’t access this (I haven’t logged in in over a year as I’ve just used the app on my phone previously). So in the space of a few hours, I’ve gone from having access to my Dropbox and my email, to having access to none of them. I’m trying to get my email account recovered, but it’s not looking good at this point. I’m still so worried that it’s been compromised. I don’t care about accessing the email address that much, except for needing it now to get in to Dropbox.

So basically no access to the email and now no access to the password. Which from the looks of it means I just lose the account. I’m not sure how it works behind the scenes but there has to be a way for me to prove it’s me and that it’s my account. I know what the password was up until about 4 hours ago, I know if/how many times it’s been changed previously, when the account was opened, I know how much I pay and exactly when those payments are made (with banking proof), I know what banking details I use to pay and that my card on file has just expired (which is another concern as I don’t want my account to be delete due to non payment), I have access to both phone numbers listed for 2FA and my list of emergency one use codes. I know the file names and all the contents, I can provide proof of ID, the details of any device used to log in to the account previously and basically anything else that can be thought of. I understand the security measures are in place for a reason (and the whole reason I chose to use Dropbox in the first place) but there has to be a way for me to prove that’s my account. I’ve been sitting hear in tears for a few hours because I think I’ve just lost every photo and video of my kids from birth. It might not seem like much compared to business documents or whatever - but it’s everything to me. I had planned to back them up on to a hard drive as well but because I had them on my phone and Dropbox I wasn’t rushing to it and now I feel so stupid. My anxiety is through the roof and this honestly feels like the end of the world for me. If there’s anyone that can think of anything at all that might help, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much,
Jess.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jessicalee11, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

I'm really sorry to see that you're having this issue.

Can we send you an email to the address associated with your Community profile here, so we can investigate this further?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Jessicalee11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you Hannah, I would really appreciate that. Is there a way to send it so it’s not visible in the forum? Otherwise I can post it and then delete it out of the post once you have received it.

Jessicalee11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Oh I just realised I don’t actually have to post my email but that you can access it already! That would be really appreciated, Thank you!

Jessicalee11
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I’m so sorry to keep replying. I’m just wanting to make sure you do have the email address you need to get in contact?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Jessicalee11 wrote:
I’m so sorry to keep replying. I’m just wanting to make sure you do have the email address you need to get in contact?

They'll pull it from your community profile, so you should be all set as long as that email is up-to-date.

Need more support?