cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropbox family

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Paddy123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
@ Rich This doesn't quite solve my issue.
From the link you supplied;

''I know my Dropbox password but don’t have access to my email address
If you know your Dropbox password but don’t have access to the associated email address, log in to Dropbox then immediately change your email address''

The problem is when I try to log in, it sends a 6 digits code to my old email address which I don't have access to.

Thanks for the reply though.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Paddy123, is there any chance you have any devices that are still linked to that Dropbox account (via a desktop/mobile app)? 

If yes, please check their notifications as the one-time code may be there.

Let me know how that goes.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mairiclaire76
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Its no good. I have had this problem. I have no devices signed in and no access to email so I have lost all of my photos and videos on drop box as they cant lift the security code to access them.

Paddy123
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
@Nancy. It would have been over 5 years since I logged into Dropbox. I'm fairly sure any device I previously used to log in is well gone.

Is there another way to gain access to my Dropbox bypassing the old email?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Paddy123, without access to the old email address, it wouldn't be possible to access the account.

Regardless, you can try contacting our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link. From there you should be able to contact support. 

Make sure to pick an email to which you can receive and send emails from. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Irfan shafiq
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
My email is blocked and dropbox is not opening without 6 digits please open my account without 6 digits my family documents are safe in it

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Irfan shafiq, can you please clarify what you mean when saying that your email address is blocked? Do you mean that it’s been disabled perhaps? 

From what I can see in our system, you’ve logged a ticket with our support team and mentioned that the issue seems to be resolved now.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with this.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Charlotte85
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi there ,

I had loads of important files on my Dropbox account which was associated with my old work email. The company now doesn’t exist and therefore the email address doesn’t exist . I can’t get the verification code being sent to that email in order for me to log on.

There’s no option for it to be sent to a phone number … any ideas on what to do?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Charlotte85, sorry to hear about this.

Is there a way to reinstate or recreate that email address, maybe?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

tightpurchaser
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello again!  It's been a while since I last viewed Dropbox.  I don't know how I did it before.  My newest account is under the current GMAIL address.  I had other addresses under which I had accounts here.  We never got over the problem of my having all these accounts when I would rather have one.  This is a Windows 10 64-Bit system.  I have not tried to access Dropbox on my other computer, the Mac Monterey, upgraded from Catalina.  When I try to login with an obsolete email address, your site tries to send a security code to that same address, not giving me the option to redirect it to my GMAIL address.  Offhand I had an address with a service that I no longer use.  So, I have content I cannot access due to email addresses that I have trouble remembering.  Please help me get it all under this one, the address I am currently logged in.  Thank you.

Need more support?