cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No longer have access to and email address and have 2 accounts

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

Lean5S
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Where is the support on Dropbox. Cant support at all

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Lean5S, welcome to our Community! 

Could you give me some additional details, in regards to this? Can you clarify if the email address to which Dropbox should’ve sent the 6-digit code is accessible to you? 

If yes, I’d like you to check your spam folder, and let me know if the email is located there. 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mhaugh69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi-

Like several people have posted, I no longer have access at all to an email address associated with one drop box account. When I try to log  in to that account with that email address the system wants to send me a code to the old, disabled email address. I DO have another dropbox account and have access to that account but I need to access files in the other account--how can I do this? Can the account I no longer have a working email associated with be transferred to my other account that I do have access to?  Or can a code be sent to my phone number so I can get into the account without a working email??

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mhaugh69, thanks for posting her today!

You mentioned that you need to connect to an older account, but you don't receive the security email.

Without access to the email address linked to the Dropbox account, there's not much that we can do, I'm afraid. Is it possible that you have any devices, linked to that old Dropbox account of yours, so you can download your content that way?

I'd also suggest that you reach out to your email provider, to see if they can re-create that email for you.

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

mhaugh69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Megan-

I was just able to access on the dropbox app on my phone the account associated with the old email I no longer have access to (that whole email domain is shut down) I don't see a way in the app to change my email address to my working one?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mhaugh69, it isn't possible to change the email address on the Dropbox mobile app when signed in.

Since you have access to the account, this will give you the opportunity to download the information to your device to allow you to save it. If you have a new Dropbox account already, you could share a folder to that account, and move the files into that folder via the mobile app so the new account gets the same files.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

mhaugh69
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Great!  thanks so much

wok1909
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I used dropbox with my school email account which ends with .edu few years ago. 

Few month ago, google removed all the emails that ends with .edu and made us make new gmail account.

I am trying to login to my previous dropbox account that was registered with my removed gmail account, but its keep asking me to verify with that removed account.

What should I do to access it?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @wok1909, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

I'm afraid that without access to the email address, there's no way for us to verify your ownership of the account and give you access.

Do you perhaps have any devices linked to it still, so you can access and download your files?

You also recommend you contact your email service provider, to help you temporarily regain access to the email address.

I hope this helps.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Agent V
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have an account with an old email address I cant access.  I remember the username and password, but Dropbox emails a code for security .... to an email I cany access.  I pay $180 a year for the subscription, but can't access it.  So I go to the support page for help, but can't really get help unless I sign in with  an account which has a subscription.  I was going to just change the associate email address and continue using it.  Now I'm just thinking I might just abandon all my dropbox accounts and start using OneDrive, it would be nice if Dropbox would offer support for these type of issues.

Need more support?