cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have removed the user, but still paid for the license, and no refund can be applied.

I have removed the user, but still paid for the license, and no refund can be applied.

Vmanda
New member | Level 2

I will start off by saying I fully understand I made a mistake.  I didn't realize when I deleted a user that the license was not deleted as well.  Since I manage the users but do not handle the billing, I was unaware that we were paying for about 20 licenses that we were not using, this went on for about 4 to 6 months.  I did reduce the number of licenses to match the number of users and that will take effect on our next billing cycle (we are monthly).  I did reach out to billing support and honestly, it was such a cookie-cutter response, I might as well have been talking to a chatbot.  Per their policy, no refunds, and no one else I can speak to regarding the issue.  I get it, I am by no means entitled to any sort of refund, but we spent around 3 grand for licenses that we didn't use.  If I delete a user in Slack, my total billable number of users goes down, if I delete a user in Google, my total billable number of users goes down.  I was just surprised that Dropbox didn't work like that. 

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Vmanda, thanks for posting here today! 

You mentioned that you've already contacted our Support team about this. That was the right way to go on about it, since they have more tools and visibility than we do over here. 

Would you mind sending over your ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on our system, and take a look, please? 

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Vmanda
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan,

My ticket number is 23639970

Thank you for looking into this.
Mandy

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi Mandy, no problem at all!

I checked the progress, and didn't see a reply back from your end. 

Would you mind replying back to the email chain, in order for the agent to escalate your case? I won't promise you anything, but we'll try to do the best that we can here. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Vmanda
New member | Level 2

Thank you, I thought the ticket was closed, so I didn't bother responding.  I just did.

Mandy

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Awesome @Vmanda!

I've also left some internal comments. If you need anything else, we'll be one post away! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Vmanda
New member | Level 2

Thank you for your help Megan,

I did receive a response back and due to Dropbox's strict no refund policy, there is nothing further we can do.  I will be sure to flag this policy when we review our IT budget in the future.

Mandy

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Vmanda New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?