cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Plus subscription discount

Dropbox Plus subscription discount

Jill B.16
Explorer | Level 3

Hi everyone,

I navigated to the Dropbox subscription page to purchase Dropbox Plus (£95.88), where a popup offered me 25% off for making the purchase 'now'. When I clicked 'Claim my discount', the page refreshed and the same price was displayed. I used the chat to ask about this, and a member of staff assured me that Dropbox Plus was £150, so the price was correct with the discount. I pointed out that this was not accurate -- (2TB is £95; 3TB is £199 - there is no £150 option), and he told me to email someone and hurriedly disconnected the chat. There seems to be no-one to email. I have screenshots of the popup, the cost, and a record of the chat. Can someone point me to a member of staff who would be able to apply the offered discount?

Thank you

11 Replies 11

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jill B.16! I hope you’re doing well, and I’m sorry to hear this. 

Please feel free to forward any screenshots you may have in this thread (just make sure none of them contains any personal info of yours). 

I’d also like you to send me the ticket number from your convo with our support team, so that I can go through it, too. 

Give me a nudge, when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Jill B.16
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for replying. Below I show the screenshot of the before and after (looks the same) and of the 25% offer; these are the same screenshots I used in the chat (screenshotted below with personal details removed). There isn't a number on the chat -- it was just through the pop-up chat; no ticket number was generated. Juanito suddenly ended the chat (see last page) and there was no option to save it or send it to myself, so I copied it into a MS Word document just in case. I'm glad I did; when I hit 'Close chat' (the only option given), the whole thing disappeared. Screenshots below.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 13.53.02.png

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 13.46.31.png

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 16.09.00.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 at 16.09.19.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 at 16.09.38.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 at 16.09.51.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 at 16.10.08.pngScreenshot 2023-09-04 at 16.10.29.png

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the screenshots! It’s possible that you were in touch with our sales team instead, and not our technical department.

The offer that’s showing on your second screenshot, are you able to see it again, if you try to upgrade your Dropbox account, or are you just seeing the normal billing page with the £95.88 pricing?

You can also try to upgrade your Dropbox account again via a different browser, as a test, and check if the offer reappears.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Jill B.16
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy,

Thanks so much for taking a look at this for me. I've tried different browsers, though this one is Firefox and is quite reliable. It was coming up regularly but clicking 'Claim my discount' just refreshed the page without any discount. Today it's not coming up at all. Can you recommend someone who can help? I'm keen to get Plus going! Thank you

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jill B.16, can I send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Jill B.16
Explorer | Level 3
Yes of course—thank you. Do you have everything you need to contact me?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Yes, @Jill B.16, no worries!

I just sent you an email, so I'll see you there!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Roman--
New member | Level 2

Hi Hannah, I have got the exact same issue like Jill B.16. I get a pop up of a "special offer: 25% discount", but when I click "Claim my discount" it only refreshes the same price and doesn't even add anything into the listing that would state the extra stuff like 3 free eSignatures per month etc.  I didn't get round to speaking with chat support yet, but could you please send me a link with the discount applied? If you do, I'd be finally convinced to go back to at least the plus plan. Thanks

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Roman--, sorry to hear about this.

We don't really have such a link, but can I send you an email, so we can look into this further?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Roman-- New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?