cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't cancel my subscription

Can't cancel my subscription

cwbowers
Helpful | Level 6

I've tried all the online help multiple times to cancel my account/subscription. What an impossible mess. I've been with Dropbox for several decades. I sold my business and I no longer need Dropbox. It is like being jailed and I can't get out. There seems to be no way to get out! And of course they offer no phone help - figure that one out.

Does anyone have a phone number? Do they actually have people working there?

24 Replies 24

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @cwbowers, do you have the ticket IDs from when you contacted the support team in order to locate them in our system?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cwbowers
Helpful | Level 6

I already answered this. I sent two emails to support days apart. I have NOT HEARD A PEEP from support. Please just cancel my account. I'm weary of almost 2 weeks trying to leave after selling my business. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Please could you create another ticket using private browsing in Safari, which can be done using these steps.

There you can choose 'Other' and then put in an email address that you can access, followed by your billing info.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

cwbowers
Helpful | Level 6

I will not put in my new credit card information. That lets you charge me for another year. That is EXACTLY what happened last year. Plus I don't even understand all that you suggest. AGAIN why does your customer have to deal with your systems that don't work? I will contact my credit card company to not accept any charge from DropBox. I can't believe you still expect me to deal with your systems that should work in any browser. It is your job to see to it the testing of your systems against each browser in current use NOT mine. I'm tired of this - if you cannot cancel my account that is your problem. I just want to go away and be left to go on with my life. I've recommended DropBox to many friends. NO MORE - EVER!

JoshCarm
Explorer | Level 4
Hello I have also been trying to cancel my account for almost a year. I have sent numerous emails and have not received one back yet. I have tried everything online and every month I am still getting charged. There is no over the phone options to speak to anyone to help and every time I try to cancel it online with my laptop or on my cellphone I am not able to. This is very frustrating and has gone on for too long . Please help and cancel my subscription

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @cwbowers, keep in mind that if you have a paid subscription, your billing info is already in our system; by providing the info required in the form that helps you contact support, you only get closer to your goal, which is cancelling the subscription.

If you still cannot submit the help request, let me know, so I can send you an email on my end.

Have you tried to reach out to our support team, the way my colleagues and I described above, @JoshCarm ?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

JoshCarm
Explorer | Level 4
Yes I have tried everything this has taken me almost a year of trying this. Please cancel my subscription. No one has emailed me back at all any time I sent anything over. I try following the links only to find out the upcoming month I am still charged. Cancel my subscription and close my account. I have paid for this almost a year after the trial was over and have not even used this once.

Deb Evans
Helpful | Level 5

WHY SHOULD WE BE CREATING TICKETS WHEN THIS IS CLEARLY A GLOBAL PROBLEM.  And regarding the suggestion that cwbowers should switch from Safari to Chrome, I am using Chrome.  So that is not the answer.  

Deb Evans
Helpful | Level 5

They do not help. 

Deb Evans
Helpful | Level 5

This is not a one off issue that cwbowers is experiencing so stop suggesting we reach out the the support team, which does not help anyway.  There are three of us on this thread and others on other threads.  Dropbox cannot hold us and our credit cards hostage and MUST fix this.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    JoshCarm Explorer | Level 4
    boroffc New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Deb Evans Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?