cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

something went wrong while uploading this file. check your connection to the internet

something went wrong while uploading this file. check your connection to the internet

kenzixian
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I was uploading a file with file size 8MB in www.dropbox.com, but it show "something went wrong while uploading this file. check your connection to the internet".
If i upload less then 4MB file, it can be upload successfully, but more then 7MB file, it cannot upload.
Can anyone please help me? thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @kenzixian, thanks for posting your question on the Forum, welcome aboard! :sailboat:

Could you try switching browsers & see if that resolves it? If that doesn’t work, try using incognito/private browsing mode & make sure that you’re not running any extensionsI would also kindly recommend trying out the Dropbox desktop application & then try to upload the file in the Dropbox folder. 

If none of these do the trick for you, could you provide me with a screenshot (omitting any private information) in your next post here so as to have a better understanding of the situation? 

Do keep me updated on the matter & let me know if you have any further questions you’d like to forward. Thanks in advance & I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @kenzixian, thanks for posting your question on the Forum, welcome aboard! :sailboat:

Could you try switching browsers & see if that resolves it? If that doesn’t work, try using incognito/private browsing mode & make sure that you’re not running any extensionsI would also kindly recommend trying out the Dropbox desktop application & then try to upload the file in the Dropbox folder. 

If none of these do the trick for you, could you provide me with a screenshot (omitting any private information) in your next post here so as to have a better understanding of the situation? 

Do keep me updated on the matter & let me know if you have any further questions you’d like to forward. Thanks in advance & I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rachellynn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a similiar problem. I changed the browser did not work. I can't download the desktop ap on chromebook as a guest user on it. And I can't change the incognito mode with iphone, the tool bar settings icon doesnt show on the browser. 

In the google photos app i click a video then hit the share button and it gives me the icons option in a row of email, messages, etc and dropbox. I select it the dropbox icon that says under it ...Copy to Dropbox  , it gives me a [preparing File]video screen ,then once the bar is full it says, on a pop up screen.

Oops Something went wrong.Please try again. 

Thanks in advance for your time helping me out today.

Rachel

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @rachellynn, thanks for checking in with us on this thread. 

To ensure that I have a solid visual understanding of this, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info) of the options you're getting and the error message that you end up with?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

rachellynn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cant do it via this forum too complicated can i email it to you? 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No problem, @rachellynn

When you have the chance, please send a ticket to our Support team from this link and let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) that gets created. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

newhome2018
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a Samsung S8+ and was having issues uploading audio files to DB. I had done all the Security/Permissions/Re-install the app, but NOTHING worked and was always getting the upload denied msg. I stumbled across something that fixed it.... i had too many devices sync'ed to DB. So, see how many devices you have that are connected to DB, I think the max is 4 or 5. But I deleted some old phones that i use to have, and Bingo, uploads everytime with no issues. 

Hope this helps someone, because it was maddening until I got it figured out. lol.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

newhome2018 Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    rachellynn New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?