cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Alphabet navigation on ipad disappeared

Alphabet navigation on ipad disappeared

TroyP
Helpful | Level 6

The alphabet navigation disappeared on our ipad os version 16.7.2, dropbox version 362.7.  We rely on that to navigate the numerous files we have.  How do I get it back?

56 Replies 56

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@TroyP, can you send over a screenshot of what you see on your end? If there’s any info you don’t want to show publicly, feel free to mask it before posting it here.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Would you be able to send me a screenshot of this @Megrnorman

I'm asking because I just checked on my end, and it seems to be working just fine. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

TroyP
Helpful | Level 6

IMG_0012.PNGIMG_0012 2.png

The first photo shows what we have and the second shows where the alphabet navigation was.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @TroyP,

We have removed the alphabet navigation, but you should be able to see a navigation bar once you start scrolling down. Can you scroll down in your files to see if it shows up?

Thanks,

Ben

TroyP
Helpful | Level 6

Do you mean the search bar?  It is there. And why would you remove the alphabet navigation?  That alone made it much more user friendly for those that are not technical.  That is a fail on your part, for sure. 

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @TroyP,

The alphabet navigation bar did not provide a consistent experience. We're currently looking into more user-friendly alternatives. In the meantime, a scroll bar should appear where the alphabet navigation bar was when you scroll down. If that doesn't appear, let me know and I'll pass that info onto our engineers.

TroyP
Helpful | Level 6

Is it the tiny circle with 3 lines in it?  Not impressed.  Sometimes when you fix things, you really don't.

TroyP
Helpful | Level 6

This is the only thing that shows up.  I can touch and drag like a scroll bar. If you are going to name something a scroll bar, then maybe make it look like a bar and not an information bubble.  Also, why does it have to be so tiny?  Maybe take that to your engineers.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 8.00.47 AM.png

Badibiagio
Helpful | Level 6
I agree that the Alphabet Navigation is an extremely useful tool that I rely on to move quickly through files. Please bring it back!

Villagekid
Helpful | Level 6

I too desperately need the alpha slider. I have 300 songs in 20 files and to scroll fro A to Z is unacceptable. I’ve defended Dropbox against 4 Score for years but this will make me change my mind.

Need more support?