cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Issues with Dropbox App on iPhone

can't open jpg on my dropbox app on my phone

BBCjustin
Explorer | Level 4

Good morning,

I woke up today and I can't open jpg files in the dropbox app on my iphone. My phone has the latest update and so has the Dropbox app.

I have two Dropbox profiles but I can't open jpg's on either of them..... it's really annoying becauase I need to get access to those pics on the go everyday at work....

Anyone has a tip or two about how to solve it? Thanks in advance,

Justin

35 Replies 35

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Did you try another wifi network or cell data perhaps @BBCjustin

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

StephenIbbs
Explorer | Level 4

Forgive me for jumping in, but I have the same problem: two iPad pro and two iphone 12 devices. All show the same error. Photos display fine in other apps, and OneDrive which has to be installed for work purposes. Dropbox v 316.2.2 on iphone, 316.3.2 on ipad.

photos display fine in dropbox on mac, so I know the files aren’t corrupted.

sincerely

stephen

Zanshin999
New member | Level 2

I’m also having the same problem. Fine until around 2.5 hours ago. Tried updating iOS app on iPad and iPhone. No change. Tried iOS update, no change. I can access Dropbox by logging on via safari and therefore bypassing the app. My wife’s android phone app is fine. 

Lee16
New member | Level 2
Having the same iOS issue.  Have cleared cache... signed out and back in... deleted app and re-installed. Am using the latest version.

Noticed this from earlier - could this be related?

Resolved - This incident has been resolved.
Feb 22, 01:48 UTC

j_m_martin
Helpful | Level 5

I'm having exactly the same problem, both on my ipad and iphone, iOS 16.3.1.  This is since I installed Dropbox 316.3 this morning.  My photos are png files but when I try and open them "Couldn't load photo" message is displayed. There was an error loading the file.  Try again. 

Kenda
Helpful | Level 5

I use the Dropbox app on my Windows 11 laptop and my iPhone 13 Pro to organize and store my photos in the cloud. The app works fine on my laptop, but I am having a new issue with it on my iPhone: the thumbnail view of JPG and RAW photos is no longer visible. I only see an icon for each photo. When I select a photo to view it, I receive a message that says "Couldn't load photo" and "There was an error loading the file." Tapping the "Try again" button doesn't work. This problem started yesterday (02/21/23) and happens regardless of the network my iPhone is connected to, both Wi-Fi and cellular. However, I can save images from the app to my phone just fine.

I installed the latest iOS update, restarted by iPhone, checked for updates to the Dropbox app - even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing is fixing this issue. I don't want to make these files available offline because there isn't enough space on my phone. (I have more than 1 TB stored in Dropbox.)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there setting change within the iPhone that I need to enable?

Thank you in advance for your help!

j_m_martin
Helpful | Level 5

Status says this problem is resolved, but I'm still experiencing the problem.   Do the Dropbox support team read these messages and respond accordingly? 

Jlion029
Helpful | Level 5
I am also experiencing this very same issue it started early this morning. I thought hmm okay I’ll try later. Still wasn’t working when I came back. Tried redownloading the app. Made sure it was up to date as well as my iOS. But as of 1 min ago this issue remains and I cannot see any images or download them to my phone.

eriq c.
Helpful | Level 7

I'm still experiencing this same issue. Thanks for the updates! I LOVE DROPBOX SO MUCH - 😁. Seriously. I just love love love it. I remember when we didn't have file syncing and backup and I can't even imagine life without Dropbox now. Our fast connections and all - things just seem to magically upload and incrementally update as we go and can you imagine backing up now without services like these??! :sun_with_face:

NikZ
Helpful | Level 6
…& I too am experiencing the very same problem! Everything up to date, reinstalled & easily viewable with other Cloud based storage platforms!!
Most irritating!
Need more support?