cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large video files from shared link stop downloading midway

Large video files from shared link stop downloading midway

Abdullahhsidhu
Explorer | Level 4
My client uses dropbox for sharing raw camera footage that needs to edited. It’s all good when the file size is under 10gb but when there are files that are larger than 10gb it gets troublesome because the files won’t download and stop midway. Sometimes it gets downloaded but video stops playing and the frame stuck throughout. Doesn’t happen with any other cloud.
11 Replies 11

Rogaa
Helpful | Level 5
Hi Abdullahhsidhu,

May I know if you are able to access the shared files through your Dropbox account? And may I know what type of Dropbox plan are you subscribed into? Thank you

Abdullahhsidhu
Explorer | Level 4
I try to download them through the provided link of my client’s Dropbox. He has folders in that link that contain the files. I just hit the download button on top of the folder or files. The client has a 2TB storage plan.

Rogaa
Helpful | Level 5
I see. Were you downloading the files like all at once or did you try to download them in few batches especially those under 10gb and then with the 10gb file, you download it just by itself and see what happens.

Thank you

Abdullahhsidhu
Explorer | Level 4
I’m trying downloading a 19gb video file separately right now for hours and having the same issue again and again

Rogaa
Helpful | Level 5
For sending large video files, it is really best advised if your client uses the Dropbox Transfer feature rather than the usual sharing via a link. So just to clarify, you are a non-Dropbox user , correct?

Abdullahhsidhu
Explorer | Level 4
Yes, that’s correct

Rogaa
Helpful | Level 5
We apologized if this is giving you a hard time to download the files. Though let me ask you if you don’t have a Dropbox account right?

Rogaa
Helpful | Level 5
May I know if you would like to do a 30 day trial in any of our plans (cancellable within 30 days to avoid being charged) so that you can access the files in your Dropbox account instead, and downloading will be much easier because you can just use the file syncing feature instead in which you can sync the files to be available for offline use (and Dropbox will download the files in the background without you not having to manually download them no more) . Syncing is way faster especially when done via the Desktop app . Let me know if this option is viable to you.

Thanks

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Abdullahhsidhu , thanks for letting us know about this.

Have you tried opening the link and downloading the files through a different browser or a private browsing window, to see if that helps at all?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rogaa Helpful | Level 5
    Abdullahhsidhu Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?