cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was sent a Dropbox file in 2014 however when going into it now it will not let me open this.

I was sent a Dropbox file in 2014 however when going into it now it will not let me open this.

Tori Allouche
Explorer | Level 3

Hi I was sent a Dropbox file in 2014 however when going into it now it will not let me open this

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Tori Allouche  wrote:
Hi I was sent a Dropbox file in 2014 however when going into it now it will not let me open this

Was this a link you were sent that you're trying to open again, or is it a file that you downloaded that you're now unable to open?

If you're trying to access the same link and it's not working, then the file was likely deleted or the link was removed. If you didn't save a copy of the file to your own Dropbox or download and save it somewhere, you would need to go back to the person that sent it to you and ask them for a new link.

If you have a copy of the file saved and it just won't open, let us know what kind of file it is and how you're trying to open in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?