cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading Style Sheets (.CSS) files

Cascading Style Sheets (.CSS) files

altie86
Explorer | Level 3

I hope I'm placing this in the correct space. 

Links that we generate for this update after 2023 - I can't seem to get the CSS link working from my dropbox. 

link example is, and has to be in this format for the site I'm using it for - it goes to a profile and generates the css: 

@import url("https://dl.dropbox.com/scl/fi/<some generated text>/<filename>.css?dl=0&raw=1");

I have tried to go through this community to search for updates but everything comes up from 2018-2021 etc. 

Can someone help? 

I'm also having trouble with the new set up for small videos/music links that are .mp3. I just need help with the css one right now 😞 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@altie86 wrote:

@import url("https://dl.dropbox.com/scl/fi/<some generated text>/<filename>.css?dl=0&raw=1");

Hi @altie86,

It's a good decision to add "raw=1" param, but you don't need to keep "dl=0" param. Anyway... this is not the source of your issue.

You have done something else - dropped one param existing in the original form - rlkey. This param absence makes your link incorrect! That's where your issue comes from. 😉

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @altie86 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

I'm not quite sure about the problem you're facing. Could you provide some additional information and/or screenshots to make sure we're on the same page?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@altie86 wrote:

Hi @altie86,

It's a good decision to add "raw=1" param, but you don't need to keep "dl=0" param. Anyway... this is not the source of your issue.

You have done something else - dropped one param existing in the original form - rlkey. This param absence makes your link incorrect! That's where your issue comes from. 😉

Hope this helps.

altie86
Explorer | Level 3
I'm trying to have my. Css file from drop box load to my profile on another site. The example is, it isn't loading.

Is there a proper way to the write the link? The link provided by drop box never works on the website.

altie86
Explorer | Level 3
I added all that stuff because I saw it in the solutions on here. Can you help? 🥺 I just want the link to be correct. So I make the Sci/ to s/, etc?

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@altie86, The solution is simple: Just don't change anything in the initially provided link other that replacing "dl=0" to "raw=1". NOTHING ELSE!!! That's it. 😉 Nothing more.

Your equilibristics of params make the link invalid. 🤷

altie86
Explorer | Level 3
I just tried that, and did that last night. It's not working.

[<style>@import url("https://dl.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lzcikexsb7k0sioa9ojip/supersonic.css?raw=1");</style>]

Something is still not loading.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Yes, of course. 🙂 You didn't read my comments above. 🤷

Did you try to open that link through address bar in your browser? 🧐 Does it works? 🤷 Why do you expect to work in a tag?

altie86
Explorer | Level 3
The <style> is because it's going to pull the Dropbox file and load directly as CSS/HTML.

I am not sure we're on the same page on solution on linking for css.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

OMG. Yes, I agree: we're NOT on the same page!

Your link is incorrect!!! I don't know how to say it and be clear to you. Don't you understand that you have it damaged? (again missing rlkey - why was you removing it) 🧐

By the way... you may expect another issue. Dropbox passes incorrect content type out and most browsers will complain. Better think for adding your tag using Javascript. In such a way you will workaround this intentionally included limitation.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

altie86 Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?