cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't see my files on the device, why?

Can't see my files on the device, why?

Ase
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!
I have the Dropbox application downloaded on multiple devices, both on my IPhone, our IPads and on the family's various laptops.
When I log into the ones I don't use very often, for some reason I can't see all the files that I KNOW are in my Dropbox.
What do I need to do to see the latest version of my Dropbox content on the device I work with?

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

On the old devices are you giving it time to sync all changes through? That can take time especially on devices not regularly used. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ase
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your tip,😀 I will have to take that in action and see if it helps me…👍

Luciamartyn
Explorer | Level 3

If you're not seeing all your Dropbox files on a particular device, there are a few things you can try:

• Ensure that you are signed in to the correct Dropbox account on the device. Sometimes, people have multiple Dropbox accounts, and it's easy to accidentally sign in to the wrong one.
  • Make sure that the Dropbox app is up to date on the device. You can check for updates in the App Store (on iOS devices) or the Google Play Store (on Android devices).
  • Check your internet connection. Your device needs to be connected to the internet to sync your Dropbox files.
  • Manually sync your Dropbox folders. Open the Dropbox app on the device and pull down on the screen to refresh the list of files. This should force the app to check for any changes and update the files accordingly.
  • If you're still not seeing all your files, try logging out of the Dropbox app and then logging back in. This can sometimes resolve sync issues.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact Dropbox support for further assistance.

Ase
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you, must try this. 🙏

Sam Lock
Explorer | Level 3

I'm having the same trouble! Everything was always until the other say. I uploaded files to my Mac and they don't appear on either my iPad or iPhone.

All previously uploaded files seem to be ok.

I haven't done anything differently so, what's going on?

Kind of defeats the object of paying for Dropbox if you can't access the files

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Sam Lock. Can you clarify the OS version of your computer, as well as the syncing status and app version of the Dropbox app on it? 

If you visit your Files page on the web, do you see the missing content there?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?