cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing old Dropbox account on an old iPad.

Accessing old Dropbox account on an old iPad.

Mirnik023
New member | Level 2

I pulled out my old IPad mini the other day (last update was iOS 9.3.5) and realized I still had a Dropbox account open on it with an email address to which I have not had access for about 5 years and this account holds old photos of mine that I do not think I have saved anywhere else. When I open the app I can see about 600 “photos/videos” but only about 10 of them will actually load for me to view. When I try to share anything or download any of the photos it tells me that that action failed and sometimes it will say there isn’t a connection to the server. I’m just wondering if there is any solution to this or are the photos that were once on there actually already lost? 😅

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Mirnik023 wrote:
I pulled out my old IPad mini the other day (last update was iOS 9.3.5) ... it tells me that that action failed and sometimes it will say there isn’t a connection to the server.

Dropbox will no longer work on an iOS version that old. It now requires iOS version 13.1 or later.

I’m just wondering if there is any solution to this or are the photos that were once on there actually already lost?

There's no solution to run Dropbox on that iPad unless you can update the iOS version. As for the files, if you've been using the Dropbox account regularly, you can sign in on the Dropbox website and download the files. But if you haven't accessed the account in more than a year, it would have been deleted due to inactivity. Once an account has been deleted, neither the account nor the files that were in it can be recovered.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?