cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to old Paper docs

No access to old Paper docs

hamedafe
Explorer | Level 4

I don't have access to my old Paper documents from Dropbox. Some of my friends that started using Paper with me 6 years ago, have their Paper documents in a folder called Migrated from Paper, but there is no such folder in my Dropbox, and I don't know what to do. 

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @hamedafe - can you please clarify what you mean you don't have access to your old Paper docs?

Are you getting any errors when trying to open them or you just can't find them in your account?

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

hamedafe
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Walter,

And thanks for your response.

I have access to all of my Paper docs through paper.dropbox.com but if I go to my home at dropbox.com, my paper docs are not listed there and I can't find them by search in dropbox.com either. 

So it's like my Dropbox and my Paper are two separated worlds with no connection in between. I know it has something to do with 2020 release, but I don't know how to migrate my old Paper docs to Dropbox. 

Mark
Super User II

Hi @hamedafe 

Until you are moved to Paper 2020 you wont be able to see them in your Dropbox folders or directories. They will only be available via the Paper specific website 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hamedafe
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Mark. Thank you for your answer. 

So, do you have any idea if the migration process is still going on? Cause it's been years since the 2020 release. I thought maybe the process had been done, and I was left behind! 

Mark
Super User II

Its ongoing. And no, no idea when it will finish - but the silence from Dropbox is nothing short of embarrassing! 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    hamedafe Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?