cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to email to verify it and access account

No access to email to verify it and access account

Liina
New member | Level 2

I had a dropbox account with my previous email that is no longer in use. Now I tried to enter the account, but I have to verify my email address at first, but this is impossible. Is there a chance to change the email address, I did not find a place. I can not use chat as your account needs to be verified at first. I would still like to reach my content. Please help!

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Liina wrote:

... I have to verify my email address at first, but this is impossible. Is there a chance to change the email address ...

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive verification emails, password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?