cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I keep getting charged, if I can't access my account due to code being sent to inactive email?

Will I keep getting charged, if I can't access my account due to code being sent to inactive email?

marika8
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

If I can't access my existing DropBox account due to 2-step verification to my disabled email account, you will NOT charge me for my DropBox Plus, right?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@marika8 wrote:

Thank you for your advice, but... I have to be in my account to do that.

That's why you need to contact Dropbox using the specific steps I mentioned. They'll assist in getting your subscription cancelled.

The credit card is now closed. So, I won't be charged.

Cancelling a credit card doesn't always prevent additional charges. You need to get the subscription cancelled properly.

Does this mean I will forever lose my DropBox account?

Most likely, yes. If you're unable to receive the one-time security code, there's no way to gain access to the account. Dropbox Support will help you cancel the subscription, but they generally won't provide access to the account.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@marika8 wrote:

If I can't access my existing DropBox account due to 2-step verification to my disabled email account, you will NOT charge me for my DropBox Plus, right?

They have no way of knowing that you can't access the account, so you'll continue to be charged until you cancel the subscription. You'll need to contact Dropbox Support for assistance.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

marika8
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for your advice, but... I have to be in my account to do that. I remembered my password, but I had it 2-factor authenticated it to my email.....so I can't really access it. 

The credit card is now closed. So, I won't be charged. Does this mean I will forever lose my DropBox account? ðŸ˜­

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@marika8 wrote:

Thank you for your advice, but... I have to be in my account to do that.

That's why you need to contact Dropbox using the specific steps I mentioned. They'll assist in getting your subscription cancelled.

The credit card is now closed. So, I won't be charged.

Cancelling a credit card doesn't always prevent additional charges. You need to get the subscription cancelled properly.

Does this mean I will forever lose my DropBox account?

Most likely, yes. If you're unable to receive the one-time security code, there's no way to gain access to the account. Dropbox Support will help you cancel the subscription, but they generally won't provide access to the account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    marika8 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?