cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Factor Authentication for logging in after getting hacked

Two Factor Authentication for logging in after getting hacked

leeennddaa
New member | Level 2

My Dropbox was recently hacked. I tried resetting my password. Now it's asking for a 2-Factor Authentication that I never set up in the first place. I don't even have an Authenticator on my phone. I tried to add it to log in. No dice. It's not giving me any sort of code to log in. And I'm still locked out of my account. Any advice? 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@leeennddaa wrote:

My Dropbox was recently hacked. I tried resetting my password. Now it's asking for a 2-Factor Authentication that I never set up in the first place.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?