cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our previous admin deleted our Dropbox accounts and we can't log in

Our previous admin deleted our Dropbox accounts and we can't log in

CJDE
Explorer | Level 3

I am currently working as a freelancer and we subscribed to a Dropbox premium account and we store them all of the files that the company is needed. Suddenly our team admin got an issue with the company and got fired. Then he deleted all the accounts of dropbox and blocked all of us. We cannot contact him through call or text. Is there any way to retrieve the account? We badly need all of the visuals and poster that was uploaded to that account. Please help us. Thank you

8 Replies 8

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

I’m sorry to hear about this, @CJDE

How long ago was it that your previous admin removed you from the team and deleted your Dropbox accounts? 

Have you been in touch with our support team since then? 

Let me know, and we’ll go from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark
Super User II

What type of account was it? Was it a single Premium account or was it multiple Business ones? 

And it is almost certainly going to be quicker to restore via a backup.

Once accounts are removed they are usually unrecoverable - the Admin will have been told that when he was deleting them. Data is usually deleted permanently straight away. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

CJDE
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy,

It happened yesterday. We cannot reach the admin of the account due to some reasons. There is no turnover happened between the previous employee and the company. I am not sure what is the plan, but we are all 5 in the team of the dropbox.

I haven't reach out to the support team yet.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CJDE, sorry to hear about this.

Is it possible to somehow gain access to the admin's account?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

CJDE
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah,

There's no way. The admin of the account who is no longer part of the company is not reachable. We tried to call and message him but he is not responding to our messages. We badly needed the files there I have a lot of visuals uploaded there and I need everything for our website's business. Please help me recover the account.

Rich
Super User II

@CJDE wrote:

The admin of the account who is no longer part of the company is not reachable. ... Please help me recover the account.

If there are no other admins and you can't gain access to the admin account, it's unlikely that you'll be able to recover the account.

Did he use a personal email address for the admin account, instead of a company email? If it was a company email you should be able to take over the email account (talk to your IT) and use it to reset the password of his admin account.

CJDE
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Any update on this?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CJDE, there isn't any update as there isn't any further assistance we can provide, if the admin is no longer part of your team, and the team was deleted. 

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful on this matter.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    CJDE Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?