cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving the 6-digit security code

Not receiving the 6-digit security code

Charlie Zhang
Explorer | Level 3

Hi  Dropbox,

Please help me to recover my dropbox account registered under my work email address. The IT guy said there is no block for dropbox email. but I still can't receive the 6 digit email. It is URGENT! Thanks

36 Replies 36

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for that, @Scanmaster. I found your ticket and left an internal note. I can see though that one of our support agents has already replied back to you. 

Please take some time to review their reply and respond back.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Scanmaster
Explorer | Level 3

Nancy,

Thanks for the reply.  I have reviewed the reply from support, and it was no help.  It has now been 24 hours and I still can't access my Dropbox account.  I have checked to make sure everything is working properly and there is no problem in my end, I am just not receiving the authorization code.  It is unacceptable that it has been this long and no one has reached out directly to me to solve this problem.  I pay you every month and in return expect that you will provide the service for which you have been paid for.  I also expect that you will provide support for your service when there are problems.  You don't provide any way for a customer to access a live agent.  I thought that since I have a paid business account, I had access to support but evidently, I have to sign into my account to access support and since I can't sign into my account, I can't access support.  Do you see the problem here.  I would appreciate it if someone would reach out to me directly so we can resolve this issue.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Scanmaster, since you're already in contact with the team that specializes in these kinds of issues, there's not much more that we can do on our end.

I can see that Nancy has raised the priority of your ticket, though, so our colleague working on your case, will get back to you with further info the soonest possible.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Scanmaster
Explorer | Level 3

Hanna,

Thank you for your response but it seems like the "Team" isn't interested in resolving this problem or I would have heard from them.  I know it's not your fault, but it is of no help to tell me that you will see if the Team can get back to me with further info as soon as possible.  What is further info?  Will it be a solution or just more run around?  What is as soon as possible? An hour, a day, a week?  Would you please send me information on how to contact the corporate offices?  I would like to let them know what is going on and see if they think this is acceptable response to customers problems. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

I understand where you're coming from, @Scanmaster.

I can see in your ticket that you've been assisted and I'm glad the issue had been resolved.

I will, however, pass your feedback along to our team, so thanks for taking the time to post it.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Have a great weekend!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

CharlesFrankel
New member | Level 2

My original email address were the OTP is sent is no longer available 
I have a new email address 
removed

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @CharlesFrankel , thanks for posting here! 

I'd love to have a closer look into this, but I'd need to send you an email in order for us to investigate further. Would that be okay? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    CharlesFrankel New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Scanmaster Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?