cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account got deleted before I was able to take action. Is there a way to restore it?

My account got deleted before I was able to take action. Is there a way to restore it?

ErinSearchbox
New member | Level 2

Hi, I need help restoring a deleted account or team account with DropBox. It was accessible last Thursday but then on Friday, we completely lost access and can no longer log in. We kept getting the error message "This account is deleted. Please re-register with a new account or wait 27 days to re-register with your current email." Is there a way to restore my account? We have files here that are super important and critical to our business and our clients.

3 Replies 3

DBX_Pedro
Community Manager

Hi @ErinSearchbox , 

In general, accounts that have been deleted cannot be retrieved. I would recommend contacting our support team directly to look into this situation further.

You can accomplish this by opening an incognito/private browsing window while not logged into your account and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Choose an email address that allows you to receive and send emails.

Please keep me updated on any progress.

ErinSearchbox
New member | Level 2

Hi DBX_Pedro, I've lodged a ticket and just waiting on support to get back to me. I'm just really really anxious because we really need to get access back to this account. I think it was a team account too because it deleted not just 1 email account but also another email that was associated with it.

Rich
Super User II

@ErinSearchbox wrote:

I think it was a team account too because it deleted not just 1 email account but also another email that was associated with it.

Do you mean that you, as a member of the team, were removed and the account deleted?

If you were a member of the team and you were removed (account deleted), then you need to contact the team admin as only they can restore the account. Act quickly, because the team admin only has seven days from the date of deletion to restore the account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    ErinSearchbox New member | Level 2
    DBX_Pedro Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?