cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm concerned about the access to folders that were shared with me

I'm concerned about the access to folders that were shared with me

joevu
New member | Level 2

I am a 3rd party accountant and a client shares files with me through Dropbox. I recently just had another client want to share files with me via dropbox as well.  I just accepted the invite from another client and they have 3 folders they have invited me to. I am concerned that each of these clients can now see the other clients information. Is this the case?

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@joevu wrote:

I am concerned that each of these clients can now see the other clients information. Is this the case?

If you've been invited to shared folders, there's no way for members of one share to see or access the other share. Just make sure one of them hasn't invited you to join their Business team instead. That's different, and would give the team admin access to anything in your account.

joevu
New member | Level 2

OK, that was my concern.  The new client invited me to join their business Team (I did not know the difference)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

joevu New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?