cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the email: em-s.dropbox.com legitimate? [Answer: Yes]

Is the email: em-s.dropbox.com legitimate? [Answer: Yes]

Graham-7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have received an e-mail telling me of a new document available for me in Dropbox. The e-mail is from an address that ends with " em-s.dropbox.com ". Can anybody confirm that " em-s. " is a valid adjunct to " dropbox.com ", or is it sooner a trick?

Thank you.

122 Replies 122

RelativelyStatic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I received the same email on my gmail but I only have a Dropbox account associated with outlook email. Something is definitely off. Gmail also shows that it is verified by the sender. Reporting it as spam.

RelativelyStatic_0-1692984096355.png

dvrosie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I got this email and I'm afraid to click on it. Is it real, or a scam? I didn't click the button yet (as instructed belowP

"Hi Susan,
Just a heads-up – you've got a shared file waiting for you. Click the button below to check it out whenever you're ready!

Continue

Need a refresher on using Dropbox? Read about your account features, or visit our help center for comprehensive guides to using Dropbox on your computer, phone, and other devices."

pcliff
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Got an email this morning with the subject "Files shared with you" from no-reply@em-s.dropbox.com with a "continue" button to click to the shared files.  I searched and got different results regarding the email address being legit.  At any rate, I am an infrequent user with a basic account and there doesn't seem to be anything new in my account, checked on my computer.  I have not clicked the link from the email.  Why would Dropbox send this message if there is no new activity?  It seems suspicious, and wondering if it is scam.

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

I can confirm that these emails were sent from the Dropbox domain and are not harmful. This is one of the official domains Dropbox uses to send out emails. You can find the full list of domains here: https://help.dropbox.com/security/official-domains

You can safely ignore them, though there was no negative impact to your account if you did click through the emails. You should not receive anymore emails of this type.

Regards,

Ben

pcliff
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your assistance!

rockzilla2520
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Thank You for the update!!

debalombard
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi DropBox,

I got an email today from no-reply@em-s.dropbox.com indicating that I had gotten a file that someone shared with me but it didn't indicate the sharer's email address. I would never click on that link so I logged in because I am not expecting a shared file at all and was surprised by this notification.
While logged in after that with my email address I use for dropbox, I did not see any recent file tthat had been shared with me. The last thing under "recent" was a long time ago. 

Was this a spam email or how do I see the most recent thing shared with me? Again when I look under recent shared files that last file was dated 2022.

Thank you!

Thanks!

Njl7
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I got an email saying I've got a shared file waiting for me and that I should click the button below to check it out.  When I did that and got to dropbox there was NOTHING new that I could see.  I use dropbox very rarely and not I'm afraid that I might be a victim of fraud or phishing or whatever the word is.  How can I know for sure.  I wish I could talk to someone on the phone about this.  Is there a support phone number???  Thanks!

Bob101
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I've got the same email. 

Njl7
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I don't know what board to choose.  I am desperate.  I got an email saying there was a shared file waiting for me.  I clicked on the button in the email and it brought me to dropbox.  I couldn't find a file.  I'm very worried  that the email was fraudulent.  AND VERY IMPORTANT - now I cannot find the two external hard drives that used to be located on my desktop.  I think it's related to backups, but I really have almost no idea how backdrop works.  WHERE ARE MY DRIVES and the very important files that are in them.  PLEASE SOMEONE help me.  I desperately wish I could speak to a person, but I cannot find anyway to do that.  PLEASE HELP!!!!  Mostly I want to find my hard drives and get them off dropbox and back onto my desktop.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    NickKon New member | Level 2
    Nick K.19 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?