cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access the email associated with my account

I can't access the email associated with my account

Yusif Celalov
New member | Level 2

Hey,

I want to enter my dropbox account i know email and password but dropbox ask me to enter 6 digit number sent to my associated email. My ESP does not exist anymore so i can't contact with them to access my email. What can i do about it how can i access my email. i have 2 of such email there're bunch of important family pictures. Please help me access my accounts

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@Yusif Celalov wrote:

My ESP does not exist anymore so i can't contact with them to access my email.

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account you may not be able to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox address, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Yusif Celalov
New member | Level 2

Unfortunately there's no way to gain access to my ESP because it does not exist anymore. The site is down about 4-5 years. There were no 2 factor authentication when i last login my dropbox account. It's new thing i guess.

Mark
Super User II

How long ago did you last log on @Yusif Celalov ? If it was over 12 months your data would have been removed for inactivity. It isn't possible to recover that either I'm afraid 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II

@Yusif Celalov wrote:

There were no 2 factor authentication when i last login my dropbox account. It's new thing i guess.

That's not the same as the two-factor authentication that you can enable on your account. What you're seeing is a one-time security code that Dropbox will send when it doesn't recognize the device signing in to the account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
    Yusif Celalov New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?