cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I be removed from the Business team I accidentally joined?

How can I be removed from the Business team I accidentally joined?

KerryAbr
New member | Level 2

hi, I was invited to join a dropbox team & when i did, my account was cancelled & now falls under the team i was invited to.  How do i reverse this?  I need my initial plus account reinstated.  does the person who invited me to their team need to remove me from their account?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Yes, the person who invited you to the Team needs to remove you from the Team - NOT delete! If they delete it you will loose everything. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II

Yes, the person who invited you to the Team needs to remove you from the Team - NOT delete! If they delete it you will loose everything. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

KerryAbr
New member | Level 2

thanks Mark, my plus account was cancelled & I was refunded. If I'm removed from the other account, where will my dropbox be?  I can't risk losing anything. Do i need to reinstate my plus account first?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hope it’s alright to jump in here, @KerryAbr! Since you’ve already received a pro-rated refund for your previous subscription, then your Dropbox account will go back to a free Basic plan upon your removal from the Business team. 

Rest assured though that no data will be deleted or removed from it. The only thing that may happen if you go over-quota is that you won't be able to add more files to your account and syncing will pause on your linked devices for the time being. You can re-upgrade your account though back to Plus after that, and it should be like it was before.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Nepsa
New member | Level 2

Did this work for you? I have the same issue, and I'm worried about losing my files. Once you had the basic account were you able to upgrade in order to access everything? Thanks!

Rich
Super User II

@Nepsa wrote:

I have the same issue, and I'm worried about losing my files. Once you had the basic account were you able to upgrade in order to access everything?

You won't lose any files as long as the team admin converts your account back to an individual account. Once done, you'll be back to an individual Basic account and you can resubscribe if you previously had a paid subscription.

You also never lose access to your files, even if you're over quota as a result of being on a Basic account. You just won't be able to sync until you're back below your quota.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Nepsa New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    KerryAbr New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?