cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email for old account got deleted

Can't access email to get 6-digit code

Keyonkk
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I can login successfully,  but needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

Before immigration, login dropbox never needs me to check 6-digit code in email.

After immigration, it needs me to check 6-digit code in email. (same computer)

My email account was disabled (long time no use and I forgot the password), I can't login to my email to check the 6-digit code.

I only want to login Dropbox without check email 6-digit code, so what can I do?

Thanks

429 Replies 429

orp333
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an old account under an old work email that was deactivated when I got left the company. I still remember the email and password, but since it's been so long DropBox sends a 6 digit verification code to that email that I need to enter before I sign in. Obviously I'm not able to access that email/code.

How can I gain access to that old account, or at least just the photos on it? I don't really need the account just the photos that were there.

Much thanks,

Oscar

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @orp333, I've merged you to this thread, could you try the suggestion in this post to contact the support team directly?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

sconvey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It seems there are a number of people having the same issue that we no longer have access to the original email account associated with our dropbox account.  I have not seen the issue resolved.  I have a lot of files on that account that I need access to.  The answer the issue cannot be " we cannot do anything to help"!  Id like to speak to someone in support about this

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @sconvey, please could you follow these steps to contact the support team regarding this matter.

Currently, we only provide incoming phone support for team admins of Dropbox Business subscriptions.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

selbysworld
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

DISCONTINUED EMAIL: my dropbox app on my phone just got wiped out. I am trying to restore it however the email with which I first created Dropbox a three years ago no longer i.e. I am not getting the 2 step verification code to sign in - what do I do?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @selbysworld - sorry to hear about this.

Can you please clarify if you have access to the email address that's associated with your Dropbox account or if it's been closed, if you can somehow regain access or re-create it to receive the code to sign into your account?

Also, are you referring to a 2FA code or one-time code perhaps?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

selbysworld
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Walter,

Its been closed. I use it as a username and I know the correct password. However, it requires a 2 step verification and it sends the code to this particular email - so I cant get it

selbysworld
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

2FA. It's an old email that is closed. Can you assist?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @selbysworld, with 2FA you'd need a mobile device capable of receiving text messages or running a compatible mobile authenticator app.

You wouldn't be able to receive the code using the email address of the account, therefore it's safe to assume you're referring to the one-time code. 

Can I send an email to your Community-linked email address, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Jan_Jorgen
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have/had a Dropbox account connected to an email address at my previous employer. Since I have a new job, I no longer have access to that email account, which means I can't get the verification code that is sent out when I'm trying to log in to the Dropbox account. Is there a way to get around this?
Many thanks in advance!

/Jörgen

Need more support?